Friday, January 2, 2009

Perfect on Paper by Maria Murnane

My first review of 2009 is going to be a book I read in 2008. LOL! I recently finished Perfect....On Paper and boy was it good! It starts with Waverly Bryson's fiancee breaking up with her just weeks before the wedding is about to occur. The book chronicles the aftermath of everything Waverly has to deal with to get over her fiancee and begin to love herself. Perfect On Paper is filled with Waverly's "misadventures" in getting back into the dating game. Add to that a so-so job that Waverly isn't too enthused about and two great best friends and you have a perfect combination for a fun read.
I really enjoyed reading about Waverly's life and her adventures back into dating. There were some laugh out louds moments in the book especially when it came to Waverly running into her ex. I was rooting for her from the beginning as I thought the author did a great job of portraying Waverly in a realistic fashion. She wasn't perfect...she did make some mistakes and that was part of the fun of reading this book. As a reader, I just couldn't help but really like her. The ending was good with enough of a twist that it didn't go exactly where I thought it would. All in all, I thought this was a fun read. Readers who enjoy chic lit. and romance or even those who are looking for a "fun, light" read will enjoy this book. Thanks so much to Tracee for sending me this book to review!
My Rating: 4 out of 5

18 comments:

  1. Where did I just read about this one? But it sounds great. A good left at the alter story! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing, Samantha. My first review was of the last book I read in 2008. :-)

    I've heard great things about this book and am glad to hear you liked it as well. I look forward to reading it one day myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn Jean- This was a good book and I'm glad that I got a chance to read it :)

    Literary Feline- Unfortunately, I think the next 6 reviews are all going to be from 2008. LOL! Then maybe I will catch up for 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been hearing a lot about this one lately. It's nice when the characters are a little flawed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trish- Isn't that the truth? It makes the story a bit more realistic. This was a fun read that you might like :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great review Sam! I am sure Maria will love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not crazy about the cover but this does sound like a good book

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tracee- It was a good read and thanks again for sending it to me :)

    Ladytink- You aren't the only one who has said that but it is a good, fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining in my World Citizen Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen this one around a bit. I'm glad you really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sam! I wrote "Perfect on Paper" and am so glad you enjoyed it-- thanks for the review, and I really hope your readers will give the book a try!

    -Maria Murnane :=)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eva- I'm so excited about this challenge. I love learning :)

    Dorothy- Thanks!!!

    Dar- I definitely think that you would enjoy this one. It was a fun read :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maria- I really enjoyed your book and hope you continue to write. Thanks for taking the time to come and visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the nice reviews. This sounds like a great book.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cheryl- Thanks! It was a good book :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Naida- Thanks for stopping by. Glad you enjoyed this book as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)