Friday, January 16, 2009

Inside Out Girl by Tish Cohen


I recently realized that I was falling behind in my 2009 reviews while trying to catch up on the leftover books from 2008. Inside Out Girl had been sitting on my review pile for some time patiently waiting for me to read it. I'm so glad that I finally did pick this book up as I really enjoyed it.
Inside Out Girl introduces us to Olivia and her father Len. Olivia has NLD which is a nonverbal learning disorder. We are also introduced to Rachel, a single mother of two, owner of a parenting magazine, and a overly cautious parent. When Len and Rachel start dating, Rachel's children are furious as they go to school with Olivia whom they know as "inside out girl". Before anyone knows it, certain circumstances will change all of their lives forever.
Ms. Cohen really knows how to weave and tale and made me really care about Olivia and what happened to her. There are many different situations that the characters had to deal with throughout the story. I thought that this helped me as the reader see the characters grow and change in ways for the better. I really enjoyed this story and am so glad that I finally gave it a chance. A great way to start 2009 off on the right foot.

Ratings/Recommendations: 4 out of 5; Recommended to those who enjoy contemporary fiction or a good book :)

Challenges: New Author Challenge, 100+ Book Challenge, A-Z Challenge ("C" Author), Winter Reading Challenge

10 comments:

  1. Nice review Sam. I got this book from my friend Toni over at A Circle of Books and I fully intend to read it this year. I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dar- I definitely think that you will enjoy this book. I will be looking forward to your thoughts after reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good story and you're right, a wonderful way to start 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladytink- It was a good story and I'm glad that I had the chance to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naida- Thanks! It was a good book :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kimberly- It was a nicely told story. I'll check out the link. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dearly loved this book. It was my first experience with the author. She has another book out, but I haven't had time to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. JKaye- I enjoyed this book as well and will definitely be reading her other novel eventually :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)