Friday, January 23, 2009

Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur


Full Moon Rising is the beginning of a new (to me) series that I was excited to read. Riley Jensen and her twin brother are half vampire and half werewolf and both work for the government concerning supernatural creatures. Trouble begins to brew when Riley's brother disappears and a vampire shows up on Riley's doorstep. Can she find her brother without becoming a guardian like her boss wants her to?
I'm finding that I am a huge fan of urban fantasy and this didn't disappoint. Keri Arthur creates a world that draws the reader into it and I couldn't help but root for Riley to succeed. It was a dark world filled with creatures of the night and lots of suspense. Riley was also up against the fact that it was the week before the full moon which meant that she was basically in heat. There was a lot of sex in this book which may deter some readers. It didn't bother me as a reader as it pertained to the story line but like I said before it might bother some. All of the answers weren't found at the end of the book which makes me want to read the next book in this series soon. The ending was satisfying though and I couldn't help but hope that the story would go the way I wanted it to in the following books :) All in all, I enjoyed this book and am excited to have found another series that I will be following.

Rating/Recommendations: 4 out of 5 and a recommendation to those who enjoy dark urban fantasy.
Challenges: 1st in a Series, New Author, 100+ Challenge, A-Z ("A" Author), Support Your Library Challenge

14 comments:

  1. Oh yes, you totally rock! I needed another book for my 999 Paranormal Reading Challenge. There is a copy of this one at our library! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. J.Kaye- I think that you will enjoy this but is a darker book. I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts when you finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series. Arthur only gets better and better. Seriously, she's one of my automatic buys.

    The story plot that starts in Full Moon Rising is in the first four books of this series.

    I also love that instead of going into murderous rages or have to turn wolf during the full moon cycle, Arthur's weres get horny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie- LOL! I'm glad to hear that this series is a must buy for you. It means it is good. I did enjoy this one a lot so I'm excited to read the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big fan of this series as well. Hope you'll enjoy the others Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kimberly- I'm glad to hear how much others enjoy it. It makes me want to read the next book in this series even more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love urban fantasy! This sounds very good too. I haven't read anything by this author before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ladytink- I would give this book a try if you enjoy urban fantasy. It was a good read :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this does sound like a good series.
    I havent read Keri Arthur, i'm going to have to check her books out. great review!

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Naida- I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this book in my TBR pile - I need to get it out and read it. With your review and everyone's comments - I REALLY need to read it - LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kara- How exciting! I really enjoyed it so you SHOULD give it a try. LOL! Hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't goten around to starting this series yet but I have read quite a few recommendations. I love urban fantasy, especially the darker ones so this sounds like just my type of read.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rhinoa- Then you will definitely enjoy this series!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)