Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Library Loot- January 21- 27



Another week and more books...what can I say other than I love the library! This week I returned a few (Innocent Traitor and Rogue) not because I didn't want to read them but because I wasn't in the mood for them right now. Well, with Rogue I figured out that the ending was left open for the next book (yep, I peeked) and decided to wait until that book is out too. Then I won't have to be mad and waiting for the 3rd book :) It makes sense in my mind..LOL! I finished Circus of the Damned by Laurell K. Hamilton and I'm thinking that this was my favorite so far in this series. I picked up from the library starting from the left:

Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs- I loved the first book in this series and am excited to read this one!







The Outcast by Sadie Jones- Picked this one up for the Book Awards Challenge and because I've heard good things about it so hopefully...







Ramses Volume I: The Son of Light by Christian Jacq- This is for the historical fiction challenge







Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr- YA and Book Awards challenges







There you have it..another week and some new finds. I've been seriously thinking about checking out a couple of graphic novels..we'll see. See ya next week!
**Sorry I keep re-posting this but Blogger isn't cooperating with the pictures and the spacing.

20 comments:

  1. You got a good pile from the library there. I'm going this afternoon. That's the great thing about the library right-if you don't like the book or don't feel like reading it you can just take it back and not feel guilty because you didn't spend any money on it anyway. I hope you enjoy these ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dar- Isn't that the truth! I try not to keep the ones that I'm not feeling because somebody out there will want to read them and eventually I will be in the mood to go back to them. I'll be looking forward to hearing what you got from the library!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I've heard nothing but good stuff about Wicked Lovely. Hope you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read "The Outcast" a while ago. Difficult subject matter but a very good book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those all look good, Sam. I need to get around to reading something by Patricia Briggs. I've heard such great things about her books. I have Wicked Lovely somewhere in my TBR collection to try.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa- I'm really excited to read it as I've heard only good things as well ;0)

    FleurFisher- I'm looking forward to reading The Outcast. Glad to hear that it is good.

    Literary Feline- I really liked the first Briggs book which is why I was so excited to pick this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Patricia Briggs so much. The third is my favorite, so hurry up and get to it so I can read your review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa- LOL! I'll get right on that for you :) I'm excited to read it though so that should help :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find it hard to take a book back to the library unread, but I am starting to. The problem is I took it out becuase I really wanted to read the book!

    I liked The Outcast last year, very British, which I like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Raidergirl- I'm a mood reader so it is easier for me to take books back unread. I still plan on reading them but later on... It works pretty well for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're in for a treat! Blood Bound is a good book. I love this series SO much! Can't wait for Bone Crossed to come out. Wicked Lovely was really good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ladytink- That is GREAT to hear! I'm really excited to read both of these books so I'll have to check out your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I look forward to hearing what you think of Ramses--I've been wanting to read some historical fiction about Egypt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trish- For whatever reason, historical fiction is a genre that I don't usually read. I am wanting to read more of it which is why I picked this book up. I'll definitely let you know what I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like I am going to have to join this meme - I love going to the library - I could spend hours at our main on downtown looking through the shelves and finding gems.

    Great list of books.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kara- I'm the same way. I love browsing the shelves at the library. You should join in on the fun! The Mr. Linky is at A Striped Armchair's blog. I love to see what everybody is reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. great loot! happy reading :)
    glad you are posting pics with your posts now, it gives it a little something extra.

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Naida- Thanks! I'm definitely excited to read all of these books :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wicked Lovely is SO good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Eva- That is great to hear as I think that might be what I pick up next :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)