Monday, January 12, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

Awhile back, ABC Family had a Harry Potter marathon on television and of course I had to record all of the movies. Then one of the movie channels had the 5th Potter movie and I recorded that....before you knew it I was in Harry Potter heaven :) Seriously though, I really have loved this series and was excited to have all of the movies recorded so I can watch them whenever. It put me in the mood to get back into the series and so I started The Half Blood Prince.
What a freakin amazing writer Rowling is!!! I honestly don't know what else to say. These books have been so awesome and of course this one just tops the rest. Most everyone besides myself has read these but just in case stop now if you haven't.
SPOILERS MAYBE!!!!!


Dumbledore is beginning to show Harry what he is going to have to do to destroy Voldemort along with showing Harry Voldemort's beginnings. I liked getting to see more of Dumbledore is this one as well as seeing Harry and his relationship grow. It seems like he trusts Harry more now which is a good thing. I loved seeing how Ron, Harry, and Hermoine's relationship is evolving. I just love these three characters and want them to be my friends. LOL! I can't help but immerse myself in the world Rowling creates while reading these books. I literally could probably read this series again and again. I really liked Harry's internal struggle over his feelings for Ginny. The relationships, the action, the world Rowling creates makes for an amazing read and this series will go on to my top list of reads ever. I laughed at this book, I cried (a lot at the end), and I instantly picked up the last book of this series. I couldn't help myself as I had to have more. Great read and highly recommended (like you couldn't tell :)!!!!!!!!
My Rating: 5 out of 5

Another review from 2008 knocked off my list! Yay! Oh yeah, after watching all of the movies I am absolutely DYING for the next movie to come out. This is one that I will be going to see in the theaters for sure!

8 comments:

  1. I really enjoy this series too. I can't wait for the 6th movie to come out this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literary Feline- I'm dying to see the newest movie. I think I will watch all of the movies before going to see the 6th one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love Harry Potter and the movies are so awesome too. I have them all and always go back to them when you want something good to watch. I've been itching to reread the Potter series but just don't have the time right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dar- I can understand wanting to reread them for sure. I hope you get back to the series soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought each Harry Potter book and movie when they came out. It's such a good series and film franchise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 3 of the books and plan on buying the rest of the series. They are a great investment :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this series too and the films as well. I'm a fan of Snapes :)
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Naida- I think Snape was one of the most despised characters for me in the books but the actor is great! I can't wait to see the next two movies :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)