Friday, January 9, 2009

Library Loot and an Award!



Most of you already know how much I love the library! Eva over at A Striped Armchair is hosting this new weekly meme about which library books you have checked out from the library. What a great idea and I have to participate in this one :) Click on the picture if you want to see what other participants have gotten. I have checked out:


Rogue by Rachel Vincent (the 2nd book in the Werecat series)

The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison (for a few of my challenges I'm participating in)

The Circus of the Damned by Laurell K. Hamilton (Anita Blake series 3rd book)

Innocent Traitor by Allison Weir (for the Historical fiction challenge)

Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman (I've never read anything by this author but have heard such good things)

I have a few on hold as well but I'll wait to share them until they come in :)


In other news, I was awarded The Butterfly Award from a fairly new to me blogger, Ladytink. I haven't a clue where I found her blog but I'm so glad I did as it is a great blog. She reads some great books and I really like the detail she puts into her reviews. She says I need to add more pictures to my blog so I'll work on it ;P LOL! I'm really bad at it but I am learning. I forgot to save the rules but they basically said to pick and link up to 10 bloggers for this award.

1. Jackie at Literary Escapism
2. Naida at The Bookworm
3. JKaye at JKaye's Blog
4. Lisa at Books, Lists, Life
5. Andi over at Tripping Into Lucidity
6. Trish from Trish's Reading Nook
7. Ladytink
8. Kimberly from Darque Reviews

and can I stop there....be lazy...and say everyone else in my blogroll. Seriously, I check out all of these blogs at least once a week. I can't keep up with all of the books that I add to my TBR list from checking out these blogs. It is an addiction :)

Keeping with making this another really long post I'm here to let you know that I have joined a couple more challenges: The Historical Reading Challenge and the Chunkster Challenge. The Chunkster challenge has such fun levels of participation that I couldn't resist and I was dying for a Historical reading challenge. I've only finished two books in 2009 so far and who knows when I will get those reviews posted but it will happen. I still have about 6 reviews leftover from last year including the final two Harry Potter books. Best series ever!!! Enough out of me as I should be cleaning. Yuck!

18 comments:

  1. Your library books look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eva! I'm a library addict and always have a bunch checked out :) I like to have plenty to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to start doing this event too. I love going to the library and getting books!! I've got some on hold that I'm waiting to get in.

    Your library list looks great...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea, too! That Eva is one smart cookie. Thanks for pointing it out to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Samantha for the award! I totally agree with Ladytink that I'd love to see more pictures :)

    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the award Sam! You so deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kara- You should do this! It is fun to read and see what everyone has checked out. Just click on the button and it will take you to Eva's blog.

    Maggie- She came up with a great idea. I don't participate in a lot of memes...just don't have the time but I love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trish- Your welcome :)

    Teddy Rose- Thanks so much! I love visiting your blog as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love getting library loot! Alice Hoffman is one of my favorites.
    Congrats on the award, and thanks for passing it on :)
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Naida- Thanks so much! I've heard so many good things about Alice Hoffman and I'm really excited to read this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a nice batch of books to keep you busy! Thank you for the award too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kimberly- You're welcome! I am excited to read all of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cleaning...Yuck is right! My house always looks better at night. On Saturday morning, with the sun shining in, I realize what I need to do that day. As to checking out books from the library, good for you. I too often resort to the table at Costco, or amazon.com It's getting expensive (but not as expensive as some library fines I've had!).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bellezza- I used to be the queen of library fines until I learned that I could renew over the internet. It has been such a money saver for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You don't have to add pics if you don't want to! I meant that I normally skip blogs that don't use pictures alot but something about yours made me stop lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ladytink- LOL! I actually like using pictures, I just have a hard time spacing them and stuff. I am figuring it out though and would like to use them more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You do know that once you upload you can just click and drag? I save all photos to my desktop folder and upload using that little square picture button third from the end where it says "preview"

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ladytink- Actually I didn't until just recently :) I'm not very tech-savvy and couldn't figure out why all of my pictures stayed at the top and other people could put there pics wherever. LOL! I'm getting there :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)