Monday, January 19, 2009

A Meme and Other Random Goodies


Kimberly from Darque Reviews tagged me with a meme and I've decided to play along. Here are the rules:

Link to the person who has tagged you.Write down six things that make you happy.Post the rules.Tag six others and let them know you did it.Then tell the person when your entry is complete.

Six Things That Make Me Happy:

1. My son and my daughter (of course) but really the things they come up with...in my mind they are both geniuses already even if they are only 1 and 5 :)

2. My fiance - He isn't mentioned on here a lot as he is a nonreader *gasp* but no matter why I will try to entice him to the dark side..LOL!

3. Books of course

4. A good thunderstorm

5. The library- my favorite place in the entire world

6. Scooby Doo episodes- I love watching these with my kids as they both are Scooby fans.

Six Bloggers that I am tagging:

1. Ladytink

2. Jackie at Literary Escapism

3. Naida at The Bookworm

4. Dar at Peeking Between the Pages

5. Teddy Rose at So Many Books

6. JKaye

and anyone else that would like to play of course ;)

In other news, I am making a few changes. I still have leftover reviews from 2008 but I've decided to hold off on those and post mini reviews for them (one a week) on my Sunday Salon post. I've been neglecting the Sunday Salon and this will be a great way to get me back into the habit of posting and visiting on Sundays. For 2009 reviews, I will be posting a rating and a recommendation. I think that it is hard to rate a book and then not want to go back and change the rating later on. Plus, the different types of books just make it hard for me to decide on my ratings. On the other hand, I really like looking at the ratings when other bloggers do it so I've decided to do a little bit of both. Let me know what you think!

I finished The Bluest Eye and ended up really enjoying it. I will be posting a review of Full Moon Rising this week at some point. I'm reading two books right now which is unusual for me (see sidebar) but as one is nonfiction I needed to have another one to fall back on. We will see how this goes. America and the Age of Genocide will take me awhile to get through but I can already tell that it is going to be worth it. That's all out of me for now :)

12 comments:

  1. Great meme. I barely remember The Bluest Eye but I do remember enjoying it even though it made me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladytink- It is one of those books that is really good but really sad at the same time. I'm glad that I took the time to finally read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed you're still posting 2008 reviews! I made myself start over with a clean slate, even though some of my favourite books of the year didn't get real reviews. :/ (my computer died and my health acted up so much the last couple months of the year, I didn't get to blog much!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good thunderstorm also--as long as I'm inside! And I'm married to a non-reader. It is difficult sometimes but we have other things in common.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eva- I just hate the idea of leaving those unfinished reviews. Especially since one of the books is the last Harry Potter :) I'll get to them but eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trish- My fiance have other things in common but while he could watch tv for hours I can read books. We usually sit together while I read and he watches a movie or something :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could read while the TV is on! Sometimes I can if the show doesn't interest me, but my reading is MUCH slower. I usually blog on the laptop while hubby watches TV.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trish- I'm pretty good at tuning everything out when I'm reading which is why the TV doesn't bother me. Although I can only do that when the kids are asleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks taging me! In an effort to cut down on my blogging time and be able to actually read books, I have cut a few things out and won't be participating in most meme's. However, it means a lot that you thought of me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teddy Rose- Anytime! I probably should work on cutting down my computer time too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. those are 6 great things :) I like thunderstorms too.
    i'll have my post up soon.

    glad you enjoyed The Bluest Eye. I look forward to your reviews, with our without the ratings. I personally like the ratings, but I know lots of bloggers don't do them.

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Naida- I'll be looking forward to your 6 things :) Thanks for the input about the ratings...I'm going to keep them but add recommendations just to help it out a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)