Saturday, July 9, 2011

Spotlight Review: Blameless by Gail Carriger (thoughts)


Spotlight Reviews are my way of playing catch up. I read and didn't review a ton of of books from last year that I always wanted to share my thoughts on. These reviews will be short and sweet with just my basic thoughts and are my way of "catching up".

Summary from Goodreads (with possible spoilers):

"Quitting her husband's house and moving back in with her horrible family, Lady Maccon becomes the scandal of the London season.

Queen Victoria dismisses her from the Shadow Council, and the only person who can explain anything, Lord Akeldama, unexpectedly leaves town. To top it all off, Alexia is attacked by homicidal mechanical ladybugs, indicating, as only ladybugs can, the fact that all of London's vampires are now very much interested in seeing Alexia quite thoroughly dead.

While Lord Maccon elects to get progressively more inebriated and Professor Lyall desperately tries to hold the Woolsey werewolf pack together, Alexia flees England for Italy in search of the mysterious Templars. Only they know enough about the preternatural to explain her increasingly inconvenient condition, but they may be worse than the vampires -- and they're armed with pesto."


My Thoughts:

I honestly just adore this series! Alexia is back and better than ever in Blameless. She is such a fun main character to read about. Alexia is witty, strong, and always surprising. I can never guess what she is going to say or do next which makes reading these books lots of fun. Without trying to give a lot away (considering this is the 3rd book in this series), I found the plot to be quite interesting and filled with suspense. After the second book finished, I honestly didn't know what to expect from this book but I wasn't disappointed. The storyline moved at a fast pace and before I knew it I was finished. Satisfied but impatient for the next book. What makes this book so good in my opinion is that the author constantly kept me turning the pages as I was invested in the characters. I love that the secondary characters in this series are just as interesting and well-developed as Alexia. It makes this series that much better in my opinion. All in all, this book is a must read for fans of steampunk and urban fantasy! But that being said you must start at the beginning with the first book to get the full flavor and experience. Trust me when I say that you will be hooked :) Highly recommended!

Disclosure- I was lucky enough to be sent a copy of this book from the publisher. Unfortunately, I am just now getting my review posted.

Here are links to my thoughts on the previous two books in this series Soulless and Changeless.

5 comments:

  1. I really need to read on in this series. I have only read the first book so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so reading this series!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. shame on me for not reading this series yet!
    glad you are enjoying these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great review! I swear I am so loving the steampunk movement (if you haven't guessed... lol). I love your enthusiasm of this series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kailana- This is one of my favorite series so I hope that you do carry on at some point!

    Staci- I hope that you do. I love it!!!

    Naida- Read them..you will love them!!

    Melissa- I'm loving steampunk as well. This author has moved to my must-read list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)