Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Wicked By Any Other Name by Linda Wisdom


Wicked By Any Other Name introduces us to Stasi Romanov and her best friend Blair Fitzpatrick. Stasi is being sued in wizard's court by a vindictive customer who says that she ruined her marriage. Then Stasi meets Trevor Barnes, the wizard she will be going up against in court, and realizes that there is a lot more important things that she needs to worry about including the little red hearts over Trevor's head.

Wicked By Any Other Name is a continuation of Wisdom's Hex series and a great addition. Although the previous two books focused on Jazz Tremaine, in this one the focus is on Stasi and it was a great change of pace. I was happy to see that Jazz was still a part of the book and loved seeing all of the old characters from the previous book. The characters are one of the things that makes Wisdom's books so fun and such good books. I love all of them and they are all different and original in their own way. My newest favorite character was Horace the gargoyle, and I hope that she continues to keep him in future books. He was a hoot to read about and you couldn't help but like him.

Trevor and Stasi had a really great chemistry and I was rooting for them the entire way. I loved the red hearts idea and while I don't want to go into it further as to avoid spoilers, it was fun to read about. The tie in to the Salem witch trials was a great idea and I was hooked with this book. All in all, a great read and addition to this series.

My Rating/Recommendations: 4 out of 5; Recommended to paranormal romance lovers but start at the first book!
Challenges: 2nds Challenge, 100+ Challenge, A-Z Challenge ("W" Author), Romance Reading Challenge
**Thanks to Danielle at Sourcebooks for sending me such an enjoyable read! Be on the lookout for a guest post from Linda Wisdom tomorrow :)

11 comments:

  1. I've never heard of these books but I loved your review and now I'm off to check this series out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to dive into a book like this soon. I think I've been reading too much heavy stuff lately. This does sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staci- This is a fun series and I hope you enjoy it as well :)

    Literary Feline- I find that I am the same way if I read a lot of "heavy" reading. Hope you enjoy if you check this series out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're great books and I love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terry- I couldn't agree more :)

    Naida- It is a fun series and probably something that you would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read this series someday. It sounds SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ladytink- I think that this is one that you would enjoy as well. It is a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the covers for this but haven't got any of the series yet. I must pick up the first one soon. I am in a bit of a reading slump and I thin only urban fantasy/paranormal romance can cure it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rhinoa- Whenever I am in a reading slump I fall back on the J.D. Robb In Death series. It is a personal favorite of mine but I think that urban fantasy/paranormal romances would snap me out it as well :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)