Thursday, March 12, 2009

Destiny of the Wolf by Terry Spear


Lelandi Wildhaven comes to town with one thing on her mind: find her sister's murderer and then avenge her death. What she isn't prepared for is falling for her late sister's husband and finding herself in serious danger. There are a ton of suspects to choose from as none of the females and some of the males in the pack are happy that Lelandi is there and think that she is after her sister's husband and the leader of the pack Darien. And the question remains as to whether Lelandi can find her sister's killer or not...

Where do I begin with this one? This was a good read for me. I really enjoyed the mystery of this story and was constantly trying to figure out who the "bad guy" was. I never did figure it out which made the suspense constant for me. I was turning the pages trying to see what would happen next as fast as I could. I liked the chemistry between Darien and Lelandi especially since Lelandi was portrayed as an alpha female werewolf. It made it seem like she was more of an equal to Darien which I thought was refreshing. My one complaint with this book was the multiple points of view and the way it would change back and forth between the characters. I would have to go back and reread at times as I wouldn't know who was talking at that point. It ended up being confusing at times especially at the beginning when everyone thought that Lelandi was her sister Larissa. Otherwise though I did like this book and am glad that I had a chance to read it. Terry Spear was a new to me author and I will be looking for more of her books in the future. Overall, a good read :)

My Rating/Recommendations: 3.5 out of 5; Recommended to paranormal romance lovers or anyone that enjoys a good romance!
Challenges: New Author Challenge, 100+ Book Challenge, A-Z Challenge ("S" Author)

9 comments:

  1. I should have mentioned we're having a book giveaway!!

    Destiny of the Wolf is named ParaNormal Romance Reviewers Top Pick for February!

    http://pnrinklings.com/2009/03/reviewers-top-picks-february-2009

    And, if you have a chance, 12 of the Sourcebooks authors are giving away books on Barbara Vey's Publishers Weekly Blog Mar 14. So come by and comment for a chance to get one of our books, and check out the recipes we've all posted for the 14th that will whet your appetite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review, I hadn't heard of this series before. I love paranormal series and anything with vampires or werewolves in so will keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool and I haven't read anything by this author before either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat book! I need more wolfie books for the 999 Reading Challenge and this looks like it would work.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Rhinoa, Lady Tink and J. Kaye! Another is coming Sept 1!!

    Hope you all survived Fri 13th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terry- Your welcome! And thanks for the info on the book giveaway.

    Rhinoa- I love anything vampire/or werewolf related as well. It was one of the reasons that I was so excited about getting the chance to read this one.

    Ladytink- This would probably be a book that you would enjoy :)

    JKaye- This would definitely fit. Let me know if you read it!

    Naida- It was a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Naida! Hope you check it out. And thanks, Sam, for having me! I've had my mother in the hospital for inoperable cancer all week, so it's been really rough. I've REALLY appreciated all the comments. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terry- I'm really sorry to hear that. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog and for the post. Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)