Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Kitty and the Silver Bullet by Carrie Vaughn

Sorry guys, I'm a bit late on posting these last couple of reviews but I've been really busy. I started a brand new job this week and it is probably going to take me a bit to adjust. Don't worry though as I'm still finding time to read in the midst of chaos :)



***Minor Spoilers*** SORRY!!!!


Seriously, you can't even read the back cover of this book if you haven't read the previous 3 in the series without something being given away. I will try not to spoil anything but don't say I didn't warn you.

Kitty is heading back to Colorado and her hometown Denver which is something she thought she would never do. Her mother is sick and she realizes that she has to go back. The vampires are having problems back in Denver as there is a power struggle going on. Of course Kitty finds erself in the midst along with dealing with her former pack.

I am happy to say that I have yet to not like a Kitty book and of course this one doesn't disappoint. Kitty is stronger than ever and while she did have a few "weaker" moments, it wasn't anything huge that took away from her as a character. In fact, I thought that this book made her even more likeable and easy for me to relate to. And that is important sometimes...that the reader can relate to the main character and the choices that they make. There were twists that I didn't see coming at times and this was a real page turner. I like that we continue to see Detective Hardin in these books as she struggles to regulate and investigate cases relating to the supernatural. In talking to other readers of this series, I have to voice my opinion that I really like the relationship that Kitty is in. I've heard that some readers wanted it to go in another direction but I like the way that it is turning out. All in all, another strong read in this urban fantasy series. I am becoming a HUGE fan of Carrie Vaughn!

My Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Challenges: 100+ Book Challenge, Series 3 Challenge

2 comments:

  1. I have got to read the next two after this one but I think I'm going to wait and write my reviews first. Ugh, I don't even want to think about what a pain that's going to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladytink- I'll be looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you get to the next books in this series. The reviews are really hard to write though other than to say if you liked it or not.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)