Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Really Random Tuesday

Really Random Tuesday is hosted by the lovely Suko at Suko's Notebook, and is a fun way to share whatever randomness is on your mind!

Who heard that the Nebula Award nominees were announced???? And who else instantly ran to their library website to put holds on??? I bet you can guess if I did or not :) And then the Agatha Award nominees came out. Even though I've never really checked this award out, I had to see the list of nominees. And then the Bram Stoker nominees were announced. I LOVE this week! I'm seriously in list/award heaven right now and my current library holds list proves it! I'm not quite as interested in the nominees for either the Bram Stoker or Agatha Award but it is still fun to check them out and see what was listed. But the Nebula nominees are kinda like the Edgar nominees....I want to read them all! I'm nuts. I know.

In other randomness, there's a meme that has been floating around the blogsphere like CRAZY lately. Seriously, it's everywhere. And the lovely Lisa from Books, Lists, Life tagged me. I usually don't participate in these because I'm lazy (pure and simple) but I thought I would this time. After all, I just have to answer questions :)

1. Could you eat the same thing for lunch every day? What would it be?

Yep, a chopped chicken salad from the Italian restaurant that I used to work at. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I ate it every day when I was pregnant with my daughter. Maybe that is why she only wants to eat vegetables half of the time.

2. How many library books do you have checked out right now?

Do I have to answer this one??? (It's kind of embarrassing) But with my books and everything the kids have checked out including books and movies, we have about 70 items. Yikes!

3. Do you feel strongly about specific music? or more of a music in general type person?

Not really. I like to listen to whatever fits my mood at the time. And my favorite cd ever is the Dirty Dancing soundtrack. Seriously.

4. What is your favorite brick and morter retail store?

My used book store. Or Dunkin Doughnuts. Does that count??

5. What is your favorite online store?

I don't really shop online except for Amazon. I'm weird like that.

6. What is your favorite moment of heartstopping romantic tension? (Book, movie, music, tv, real life, art, anywhere.)

I love a good romantic movie. Favorites are Dirty Dancing, The Notebook, and 27 Dresses. But I always enjoy a good romance as well.

7. What is the first book you remember reading?

I have SUCH a bad memory! I can remember reading The Boxcar Children over and over but before that I'm not sure. (I'm trying to get my oldest to try these by the way :)

8. Are you creative in any way? How so?

Not really...

9. Not counting your family, pets, and vital personal documents/pictures, what one thing would you save in a fire?

I have an angel keepsake that I got from my grandparents that I would to try to save.

10. What is your favorite type of vacation (museums, beach, cabin, mountains, theme parks)?

Anywhere where I actually get to relax a bit. We usually do waterparks which are always fun but stressful!

11. What is the most surprising or unexpected thing you've done in the last 12 months?

Hmm...I don't know. I wish I had a good answer to this one though!

If you haven't been tagged already, then consider yourself tagged if your reading this. Seriously! I would love to read your answers to these questions (even if I'm too lazy to make up my own questions. LOL!)

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing! I think I like beachy vacations best, but only if someone ELSE is can watch the kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would prefer someone else to be watching the kids as well :) Then maybe I could actually sit still for five minutes and relax...but swimming with them at the beach would be fun as well!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for doing Really Random Tuesday! Your children are too cute for words!

    70 plus things from the library-- wow! But it is so wonderful that your family enjoys the library so much. We just watched Dirty Dancing a few days ago!!

    Happy Tuesday, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Dirty Dancing! The last dance at the end of the movie always gives me chills. I'm such a sucker for a good romantic movie :)

      Delete
  3. The kids are adorable!
    70 items from the library! That's impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it though??? Taking the books/movies back isn't as much fun though :)

      Delete
  4. Great answers to these questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kailana! It was fun and a welcome change :)

      Delete
  5. I loved reading your answers! I ate a certain pizza so much that everyone thought my oldest would look like a pepperoni!! 70 items checked out!! Wow!! I think that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! With my oldest I could barely eat meat and I couldn't even smell hamburger without wanting to be sick. Pregnancy didn't always agree with me but they were worth it!

      Delete
  6. Love the picture and your answers! I can't believe you have 70 items checked out at the library! Lol. I'm like you I could easily eat the same thing every day for lunch. I'm weird like that. Dirty Dancing - love the soundtrack and the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dirty Dancing is my FAVORITE!!! I cannot tell you how many times I have watched it. And I could listen to the soundtrack over and over again :) I'm weird like that. LOL!

      Delete
  7. I admit I might have choked a bit when I saw 70 books. Really?! That makes me anxious just thinking about it. ;)

    TOTALLY love the DD soundtrack. Hey Silvia...yes Mickey. ;)

    Love that dunkin donuts is your favorite store. Ha! I only shop online at Amazon as well. Rather head to the store except for books.

    Adorable picture (as always). Little tow-headed beauties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HATE trying to shop online for clothes! I just have to try things on to know if I will wear them or not. And I'm happy to say that I have my library pile down to a much more manageable number right now. I'm not sure how long that will last though :)

      Delete
  8. I love the pictures of your kids! :)

    70 items out from the library??! SEVENTY? Seven Zero?

    *falls over*

    Used bookstores and dunkin donuts definitely count! If you hit them both on the same trip.. you are living it up! At least I think so. ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my favorite combination ever!!! Anytime you mix coffee and books...well I am there!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)