Saturday, February 4, 2012

On My Wishlist (Radar) #12

On My Wishlist is my way of sharing all of the books that I cannot wait to get my hands upon and read. These are a mixture of books that are about to be released along with some older titles that I really want to read as well. (All summaries are from Goodreads).


God Save the Queen by Kate Locke

"The undead matriarch of a Britain where the Aristocracy is made up of werewolves and vampires, where goblins live underground and mothers know better than to let their children out after dark. A world where being nobility means being infected with the Plague (side-effects include undeath), Hysteria is the popular affliction of the day, and leeches are considered a delicacy. And a world where technology lives side by side with magic. The year is 2012 and Pax Britannia still reigns."

This just sounds like my type of book. Seriously, I must have it!!!



Discount Armageddon by Seanan McGuire

"Ghoulies. Ghosties. Long-legged beasties. Things that go bump in the night... The Price family has spent generations studying the monsters of the world, working to protect them from humanity-and humanity from them. Enter Verity Price. Despite being trained from birth as a cryptozoologist, she'd rather dance a tango than tangle with a demon, and is spending a year in Manhattan while she pursues her career in professional ballroom dance."

I adore the cover of this one!!! And Seanan McGuire is also Mira Grant who wrote one of my favorite books from last year. Another one that I can't wait to get my hands on!


Nightshifted by Cassie Alexander

"Welcome to the secret wing of County Hospital—where vampires get transfusions, werewolves have silver allergies, and one nurse is in way over her head…

Nursing school prepared Edie Spence for a lot of things. Burn victims? No problem. Severed limbs? Piece of cake. Vampires? No way in hell. But as the newest nurse on Y4, the secret ward hidden in the bowels of County Hospital, Edie has her hands full with every paranormal patient you can imagine—from vamps and were-things to zombies and beyond…"


Oh my! I love the idea of a creepy hospital and all things paranormal. I WANT this one NOW!!!



House of Shadows by Rachel Neumeier

Orphaned, two sisters are left to find their own fortunes. Sweet and proper, Karah's future seems secure at a glamorous Flower House. She could be pampered for the rest of her life... if she agrees to play their game. Nemienne, neither sweet nor proper, has fewer choices. Left with no alternative, she accepts a mysterious mage's offer of an apprenticeship. Agreeing means a home and survival, but can Nemienne trust the mage?

I love the cover to this one as well, and this is an author that I've been wanting to try for some time now.



This Rough Magic by Mary Stewart

"British actress Lucy Waring believes there is no finer place to be "at liberty" than the sun-drenched isle of Corfu, the alleged locale for Shakespeare's The Tempest. Even the suspicious actions of the handsome, arrogant son of a famous actor cannot dampen her enthusiasm for this wonderland in the Ionian Sea.

Then a human corpse is carried ashore on the incoming tide ..."

I found this author thanks to the cover of S.J. Bolton's Now You See Me. The blurb on the front of the book compares it to authors Mary Stewart, Barbara Vine, and Daphne du Maurier (whom I already love). I figured that I needed to try these other authors out so I went to my library website and put some holds on. I'm impatiently waiting for this one to come in although my library doesn't have this gorgeous cover. Still sounds like me kind of book though :)

I'm eager to get my hands on all of these books. I just love doing these wishlist posts because it gets me so eager to read...2012 is shaping up to be a great year in books. Have you read anything by Dorothy Eden, Barbara Vine, or Mary Stewart??? These are all authors that I'm looking forward to trying hopefully soon. I love finding older authors that I hadn't heard of before :) Especially when they have big backlists of books for me to check out!

10 comments:

  1. These all sound good, Sam, but there's something about This Rough Magic....

    I hope you get all of these books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Those are a lot of UF picks. I like the sound of God Save the Queen and Nightshifted. Thanks for letting me know about those books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read This Rough Magic but I really want to grab a copy of that because of the pretty cover and the Greece setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look good but Nighshifted and House of Shadows are going on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of any of these and they all look good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all new to me but they sound like they were written especially for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many cool looking books!! I'm loving your choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh, they all look good!
    I haven't read any of those authors myself.
    Great covers too! Your on my wishlist posts always make me add to my wish list too...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suko- I wish my library had the same cover for This Rough Magic...isn't it lovely??

    Missie- I'm a huge urban fantasy nut so I can never resist :) Especially with covers like these!!

    Chacic- I have a copy checked out from the library. I'm hoping to get the chance to read it before it goes back unread!

    Darlene- I hope we BOTH get the chance to read them soon :)

    Vasilly- Don't they though??? Such amazing covers!

    Blodeuedd- Me too!

    Michelle- Me too! That's why I can't wait to read them all :P

    Staci- Thanks! Now, if I can just get my hands on some of them...

    Naida- These are all new to me authors as well. I love finding new authors to read!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)