Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Summer Fun (and Why It Has Been Quiet Lately)

It's been a bit quiet here on the blog recently and here is why:


Weekends spent up on the boat (heavenly!)

Swimming in the muddy Mississippi...actually it's a back lake but that is neither here or there :)

Sprinkler fun to keep cool with these hot temps...

The end of baseball season...which means football is right around the corner.


And lots and lots of time at the beach!

I couldn't ask for a better way to spend the summer! It is definitely cutting into my reading, blogging, and commenting time though but what can you do? Summer only lasts for so long and we have been trying to enjoy it while it lasts. Especially since I just registered the oldest for 3rd grade. *sob* I have no idea how this is possible...crazy how fast time goes. I'm off to get a little reading in but hopefully I'll post a new review later this week (cause even when I'm not reading as much I'm still behind in reviews). Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer as well!

8 comments:

  1. Sam, your kids are so adorable! They never fail to bring a smile to my face. I can't believe how fast time goes either. It's hard to believe your youngest is so big already let alone your oldest going into grade 3. Wow!

    Your right to spend the summer this way. The kids are only young for a short time. They grow up so fast. This time is special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh aren't they cute and a total good reason to not blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are worth every moment!!! Loving those photos of the kids. I feel like sobbing myself...my oldest will be getting married in 3 weeks and my youngest will be a Junior this year!! I can't believe how fast time flies...so keep on with the summer fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww...the kids are too cute!! It looks like you are having a wonderful summer! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute pictures! Your little ones are adorable. Don't worry about not blogging as much - it sounds like you are busy creating wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Samantha! Your kids are just beautiful. Enjoy every single second--hope that the summer continues to be magical for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene- Thank you so much!!!! The summer has just flown by..crazy to think that by next week school will be beginning.

    Melissa- They are the perfect reason to everything that I don't get done. Especially when my house isn't clean. LOL!

    Staci- Married...aack! I can't even imagine. I'm sure that it will be a beautiful wedding :)

    Naida- We are definitely enjoying it!

    Iliana- Blogging always seems to take a backseat in the summer for me. I find that I'm too busy with everything else that summer brings.

    Trish- Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad I scrolled back to look at some of your older posts that I missed in my very remiss blog hopping this summer. THESE PHOTOS ARE GREAT! I love how they capture the summer. The kids look happy --I love your daughter's bright smile! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)