Monday, April 21, 2008

Mrs. McGinty's Dead by Agatha Christie

I neglected to write a Sunday Salon post yesterday because I hardly read anything all weekend. Why you might ask? Because I was doing something even better! I was spending QUALITY time with my family. We went to a waterpark hotel for the weekend and had a blast. My son loved every minute of it...I could hardly get him out of the pool! :) Lots of fun but little reading time as I was trying to keep up with him and introduce my daughter to her very 1st swimming experience. It was chaos but of the best kind!
On to the book review, I'm becoming a fast fan of Agatha Christie. This was a fun little whodunnit for me. Hercule Poirot is asked to investigate a murder where a man has already been convicted and is about to be hung for the murder. And he is asked by the leading police investigator who found the evidence that convicted the man soon to be executed. With little to no clues as to who the murderer might be, Poirot has to use all of his skills to solve this case. I enjoyed reading this book. Poirot is a very pompous character who thinks quite highly of himself. It made me laugh at one point just reading his thoughts about himself. The mystery had a few good twists and turns...and I didn't figure out who the murderer was so all in all, a good book!
Challenges: Anything Agatha Challenge, A-Z Challenge ("C" Author)
My Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)