Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris

So I'm trying to catch up on my book reviews and I recently finished this book for the 1st in a Series challenge. I've heard lots of good things about this author so I've been anxious to read this one. It was pretty good. Dead Until Dark is the story of Sookie Stackhouse, a waitress who can read people's minds, and her experiences after meeting a vampire for the first time named Bill. Women are getting killed in the small town where she lives and many people suspect Bill as being the murderer. All of this is going on while Sookie and Bill are beginning to try and start a relationship together.
This is a paranormal romance wrapped up into a mystery. It was a fun story for me. I'm definitely going to be on the look out for the next in this series. Which causes me to laugh and say THANKS JOY! (host of the 1st in the series challenge) since I keep adding even more books to my TBR. Always a good thing in my opinion. Charlaine Harris has other series of books as well that I have on my TBR that I'm going to bump up now that I've read something by her. Good, fun book for me!
Challenges: 1st in a Series, A-Z Challenge ("H" Author)
My Rating: 4 out of 5
P.S.- For all of the Sookie fans out there, I personally liked Sam better and hope that in further books that they possible date!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I really love this author! :) Can't say I am hooked on this series - yet, but her books never fail to impress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed her 1st book and am anxious to start her other series as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)