Thursday, May 24, 2012

What I've Been Doing....(besides not blogging)


I know I've been alluding to the fact that I'm hoping to make some changes on my blog. I haven't been around as much as usual the past two months for various reasons but the main reason is spring. Spring is here and summer is on its way. In fact, I believe summer begins for my oldest in less than a week. Aack! Where does the time go??? I'm trying to ignore the fact that it means he will begin 4th grade in the fall. The fact is, life has gotten crazy lately as I feel like our family lives at the baseball diamonds anymore :) My significant other has gone back to work after over a year on unemployment. The littles have returned to daycare after staying home with their dad the entire time that he was off. Both of us working again has brought some major changes and our entire family is adjusting. It is isn't a bad thing at all...it is rather exciting if I do say so myself (although my littles aren't liking the daycare factor too much). But with everything going on lately, it has been VERY easy to push both reading and blogging to the side.


I hate not finding the time to read and blog though! Reading is a stress relief for me. Not reading during a VERY stressful time hasn't been a good thing. I need to figure things out a little more just so I can add more bookish time to my days. I NEED this. But my house also has to be clean, laundry needs to be done, food needs to be cooked.....you get the idea. Adjustment. It's not my favorite thing. Blogging is one of my favorite things for so many reasons. But I've been blogging for awhile now and I'm finding that my interest level in blogging about the same old things is dwindling. I need some change here even if I don't know exactly what that means yet. I DO know that it means more personal posts and less bookish stuff at times. I understand if some of you aren't here for that but right now it is what I need and want. So that's what I'm going to do :) Because I don't want blogging to ever be a chore. And I need sometimes to step back and REALLY remember why I started blogging in the first place. It wasn't to read the newest books. It wasn't to read the most books or the fastest. Or to keep up with what everyone else was reading and read those books too (which is next to impossible). I began book blogging for the sense of community. To have the chance to talk books with others. The relationships that I have already formed and the ones that could begin are the reasons why I keep blogging year after year. And I need to remember that.


Long story short, I'm still around. I may not be posting as often as usual for awhile until I find my groove but I guarantee that eventually I will figure everything out. I want to thank all of you who always take the time to read and comment on my posts. As you can see from the pictures, even amid all of the craziness, I have been getting plenty of fun family time with the kiddos. Life is good!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, these photos of your children are so adorable! I know it's hard to read (and blog!) with so much to occupy you. Enjoy your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, samantha! I adore the photos you've posted of the kids. My they are growing so fast. If everyone would just sit still for 10 minutes.. I bet you could SEE them growing right before your eyes.

    Awesome news about your husband finding work!

    I completely understand the page you are on with balancing family, self, responsibilities, blog, hobbies, etc.. set your own pace. Keep it all fun! I admit I love the personal posts. I like the people in my blogging community and consider so many of them friends at this point {like you!} whether I'm paying attention to what they're reading or what they're cooking for dinner or their kids' winning streak in T-ball or even what they weather's like in their neighborhood. It all interests me. :D

    Have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are great, Sam!

    I hope you find some time for reading/blogging soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you always have to come back to why you started blogging to make sure you are fulfilling something.....

    Great shots of family time. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...the kids are too cute.
    It's not easy to fit in blogging time with everything else going on. I can totally relate. Sometimes a break is well needed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that your husband went back to work. I'm sure the little ones miss that time with Daddy and hopefully they're adjusting to daycare. I understand about getting a bit burned out with blogging about the same stuff even though we all love to read so much. I think taking time away is always a good thing and it certainly sounds like your life is busy!! I say give yourself some slack, enjoy your family, and blog when you want and feel like blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sam, hope all the little bumps in the road smooth out. I feel like I haven't been visiting blogs enough and feel guilty. Take is easy and enjoy the little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you've been extra busy! I am glad to hear your husband is back at work, although I know how hard it must be for the kids. Children are so resilent. I'm sure they'll adjust in no time.

    I am right there with you struggling to manage it all and blog too. We can do it! Blog when you can, is what I say. That's the best be can do right now, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well--you know that I love this. ;) We spend so much time reading each other's blogs that I DO want to know more about my blogging friends and hope that they feel the same. I agonized about going more personal but it has given me the love of blogging back. But like you I still struggle to find the time when there are so many other demands.

    Congratulations to your husband--I'm sure it will be a big adjustment but hopefully it will be a smooth one. And I know it's hard to send the little ones to daycare but I'm sure they'll adjust as well. It took elle several weeks before she settled and she still cries a bit (in relief) when I pick her up in the evenings.

    Take care of yourself and enjoy the summer!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)