Friday, May 4, 2012

On My Nightstand: May Edition

So far this year I've managed to read 25 books which is a solid start to the year (in my opinion). And the one thing that I've really discovered so far in my reading is that I have LOVED all of the books for my Seconds Challenge. The Seconds Challenge is a challenge geared to reading books from authors that you've only tried once before. I have a tendency to read a lot of new authors each year but many times I never go back and read another book by authors that I love or even have enjoyed previously. Examples you ask....well how about My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier?? Loved, loved, loved Rebecca by her and then went for years without trying anything else by her. Feed and Deadline by Mira Grant. Most recently Phoenix Rising and The Janus Affair by Pip Ballantine and Tee Morris. These are just examples for this year. So in May I have four books that I really, really want to read and all four will be my 2nd book by those authors.





Yep, some amazing choices I have ahead of me. Now I'll just have to find the time to read them all :)

6 comments:

  1. Never Knowing was a fantastic read for me. I think I have that Waters book, it's one that I've been wanting to read forever! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Seconds Challenge sounds intriguing! Glad you're enjoying your reading. Never Knowing is supposed to be really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 25 books is great! I've got to pick up a Daphne du Maurier book soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a good idea to follow up on authors you've enjoyed by reading another book by them. I keep meaning to try another Sarah Waters after loving Fingersmith. I think I might try the same one you are. And I think you'll be happy with Never Knowing. It isn't as good as Still Missing but still moves along fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the 2nds Challenge was about the 2nd in a series, sheeesh, I started a Challenge called I Want More exactly what you are doing, oh well :-)

    I am reading Rebecca right now and have a 2nd to read if I enjoy it, so far so good, they just moved to Manderley.

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great goal! I have done much better with my reading authors for a 2nd or so time lately.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)