Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper (thoughts)

Summary from Goodreads:

"Maybe it was the Shenanigans gift certificate that put her over the edge. When children's librarian and self-professed nice girl Jane Jameson is fired by her beastly boss and handed twenty-five dollars in potato skins instead of a severance check, she goes on a bender that's sure to become Half Moon Hollow legend. On her way home, she's mistaken for a deer, shot, and left for dead. And thanks to the mysterious stranger she met while chugging neon-colored cocktails, she wakes up with a decidedly unladylike thirst for blood."

My Thoughts:

Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs was a fun beginning to this paranormal romance series, and I'm eager for more! Jane is an unlucky librarian who wakes up as a vampire after going on a drunk bender. She's at a crossroads in her life when she becomes a vampire which makes her dealing with all of her new vampire traits that much more interesting. Jane has to deal with how to tell her family that she is part of the undead, finding a job that will fit her new lifestyle, and so much more. And the entire time she does it with both spunk and wit which I really enjoyed. Everything didn't come easily to her and I really appreciated that the author made her work for the things that she wanted. The relationship that develops between her sire, Gabriel, and her is both steamy and fun at the same time. I liked that they were basically dating and taking the time to get to know each other rather than just diving into bed right away. In fact, I think that one of the things I liked most about this book is that the author wasn't afraid to take her time with building this series. Things happened slowly at times but I have a feeling that it is all leading up to the next book in this series which is happily already sitting on my shelves. The mystery part of this book was interesting but a bit obvious. I didn't care though as I was more interested in watching Jane adjust to her new life as a vampire. And I can't wait to see what happens in the next book!

Overall, I found this to be a solid beginning to this series! It had everything that I look for in a good paranormal romance including fun, well-developed main characters, a storyline with a bit of a twist, and of course a steamy romance :) This is my first book by this author but it won't be my last. I'm looking forward to continuing on with this series but I'm also hoping to begin her other series at some point. Definitely recommended to fans of romance!

Bottom Line: A paranormal romance with spunk and character. I want more!

Disclosure: I was sent a copy of this book for review from the publisher. My thoughts are my own :)

8 comments:

  1. I picked up a Molly Harper book and thorougly enjoyed it. I will keep my eye out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a very good series. Terrific, concise review! Interestingly, my post today is also about a vampire story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And i need to read the books I got :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review Sam. This book sounds like fun and I really enjoy reading these paranormal stories once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't usually read in this genre, but this one sounds really fun. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun paranormal romance and cute cover too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that cover! I would be sad to be a librarian one day and then a vampire the next!! Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sound of this one! Must check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)