Sunday, August 31, 2008
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Thursday, August 28, 2008
This series is definitely becoming a "comfort read" for me. I haven't read a bad book yet and I continue to love the characters and the world that Robb has created. Robb has the ability to allow the reader to really connect with Eve and Roarke as a couple and you can see both the good and bad of their relationship (although there really isn't that much bad....I guess you could say the difficulties that they face together). Needless to say I really liked this book and I felt like I got the chance to see Eve and Roarke's relationship grow even more. Good read and I recommend this series!
Challenges: None, I just felt like reading this :)
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Thursday, August 21, 2008
I wasn't sure how I was going to like this book. And the main character seemed to be like a train wreck waiting to happen...but that seemed to be the author's point. I did end up enjoying this novel along with the twists and turns that it took me on. Joshilyn Jackson did a nice job crafting an interesting tale. I will most definitely be coming back for more of this author!
My Rating: 4.25 out of 5
Challenges: Southern Reading Challenge (but alas I'm too late so it doesn't count except for in my own head :) ) and A-Z Challenge ("G" Title)
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Challenges: Numbers Challenge
My Rating: 4 out of 5
Reading Update: I'm currently in the midst of Gods of Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson which is really good so far. I'm curious to see where the author is going and I really like what I've read so far. My son starts kindergarten the middle of next week so I've been trying to keep my mind occupied lest the waterworks begin early. That being said I am hoping that I get a good portion of this book read or even finished by this weekend. Of course that would mean that the Olympics don't distract me which they have been. Hope everyone is enjoying watching the Olympics and reading as well :)
Friday, August 8, 2008
- Critical Mass by Steve Martini
- Where The Heart Is by Billie Letts (turns out that I actually own a copy of this so I will be returning this one unread)
- Suzanne's Diary For Nicholas by James Patterson
- The Bourne Ultimatum by Robert Ludlum
- The Attorney by Steve Martini
- My Losing Season by Pat Conroy (plus she said that all of this author's book are REALLY good so I am adding the rest to my TBR list if I like this one)
- 1st To Die by James Patterson
- The Simple Truth by David Baldacci
- Riptide by Catherine Coulter
- Nights of Rain and Stars by Maeve Binchy
- A Price For Everything by Mary Sheepshanks
- Scarlet Feather by Maeve Binchy
- Evening Class by Maeve Binchy
- The Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
- Echoes by Maeve Binchy
Plus I have a bunch of library books checked out that I need to get to:
- Undead and Unwed by Mary Janice Davidson
- The Laughing Corpse by Laurell K. Hamilton
- Shadow Game by Christine Feehan
- Reunion In Death by J.D. Robb
- The No. 1 Ladies Detective by Alexander McCall Smith
- Gods In Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson
How in the world am I going to read all of these books especially the library books before they are due? Aack! But it is such a good feeling to have plenty of choices and be surrounded by books :) I'm in the middle of Three For The Dough by Janet Evanovich which is a ton of fun to read. I'm always giggling while I'm reading these books. I'm off to blog hop and then put my nose in a book!
Monday, August 4, 2008
34. Seduction In Death by J.D. Robb- Another mystery involving Eve and her hubby Roarke. I can't even begin to explain how much I enjoy these series. It is a treat for me to pick up these books. In this book, Eve is trying to track down possibly two killers who are drugging and killing young women. I really liked the side story with Peabody and McNab and felt that it added to this book. This wasn't the best in the series but it was still pretty good so I gave it a 4 out of 5 rating. I already have the next book in this series checked out from the library :)
Read for the A-Z Challenge ("S" Title)
35. Grave Peril by Jim Butcher- I have been reading a lot of series books lately. This is a fairly new series to me (I'm only on #3) but I am really enjoying it. I love Harry and am always rooting for him to come through. In this installment, Harry is up against an unknown someone who has been stirring up ghosts and causing all sorts of trouble for Harry. This was a good book and I felt like he developed into an even more likeable character. The ending was bittersweet for me but also made me want to read the next book sooner rather than later. I ended up rating this one a 4.25 out of 5.
36. Better Read Than Dead by Victoria Laurie- The second book in her Psychic Eye series has Abby involved with the mafia. She has major relationship issues with Dutch and is trying to help Dutch's old partner in a serial rapist case. It all adds up to be a fun read that kept me guessing to see how Abby was going to get herself out of it all. I did guess one part of the ending but it didn't keep me from enjoying the rest of the book. I will keep reading this series and see where it goes from here. I rated this one a 4 out of 5.
Read for A-Z Challenge ("L" Author)
37. Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death by M.C. Beaton- I've been hearing a lot of differing opinions on this series with you either like or don't like Agatha. Apparently I like Agatha because I really enjoyed this first book. I know, I know....like I need another series to start reading but whatever. In this 1st book, Agatha moves to Cotswalds and then decided to enter into a baking contest in order to try and fit in with her neighbors. Except she buys her quiche and later it is found that it has poisoned and killed the judge of the contest. This was a very simple mystery but it still drew me in and kept me wrapped up within it wondering what kind of trouble Agatha was going to get into next. And I liked her as a main character. I rated it a 4.5 out of 5 and am looking forward to the next book in this series.
Read for the 1st In A Series Challenge
I am officially on book #38 for the year which is Three For The Money by Janet Evanovich. I am looking forward to a few good laughs and a visit with Grandma Mazur. I've got a ton of books checked out from the library that I need to get to. Plus, I should probably buckle down and read a few books for my challenges but....we'll see. I really just enjoy making the lists anyways. It is going to be a busy few weeks as we buy my oldest his very 1st school supplies and go to backpack night. He is going to have to start with a bedtime again which I am sure that he is not going to be thrilled about. Oh well...that is just the way the ball rolls sometimes, right? Well, I'm off to take my daughter on a walk and get some fresh air and exercise. Hope to talk to you all very soon :)
Saturday, August 2, 2008
My oldest baby is five and I registered him for kindergarten this week. I got tears in my eyes just looking at him in his brand new Spiderman backpack. What am I going to do when he actually starts school? Plus, we had to go to the doctor for a physical which meant four shots! Very traumatic to say the least. But all is well now and he is very excited for school. Think of me tomorrow cause I'll be singing Go Cubs Go!