Saturday, August 30, 2008

Reading For Darfur- Let's Raise Awareness


Okay, first of all I am a regular visitor to Maw's Book Blog. (and just for you I figured out how to link to her blog :) ) She always is reading and adding to my neverending TBR list. For the entire month of September Maw is going to be reading and blogging for Darfur and now I am too! It's a campaign to raise awareness about the genocide that is going on in Darfur right now! She is looking for anyone and everyone to join her in raising both awareness and money for this more than worthy cause. I know there are a lot of things that are wrong in this world but I can't help but hope that maybe we can make a difference. I'm committing to blogging about this (as you can already see), adding the button to my sidebar (next on my to do list), and reading a book (or two or three) about Darfur. Hopefully even donating some money. I can't help but hope that maybe after reading Maw's post that all of you will want to join in. And I'm giving my best wishes to Maw because she is really doing something amazing here. I hope that it succeeds in the best of ways!

P.S.-I'll be perusing Maw's book posts as she has already read some books about Darfur that I have been interested in reading...if you need ideas this is where I would go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)