Wednesday, May 2, 2012

March and April In Review 2012

(This picture cracks me up because he looks so serious!)

Somehow I have lost track of time because here it is the 2nd day of May, and I haven't even written up my post on my reads from March let alone April. Yikes! I'm sure that you all noticed I took another blogging break last week. I couldn't help it. Last week was one of the first times that I've ever been sad to be a blogger. I don't need to explain it, you all know what I'm talking about. There was SO much negativity last week that I feel like a lot of people lost track of what was actually important. I'm not going to say more than that as I want this to be an upbeat post (and I'm tired of talking/thinking/reading about it. Really, I am.) In other news, March and April were both just okay months of reading for me numbers wise. I suppose that this is because there is so much going on lately. I just haven't been finding as much time to read. It happens. But if you combined the two months it would add up to a stellar amount of reading...for one month that is. LOL! And quality of reading was there for sure so I can't complain. Here are the books that I read in March first:





There wasn't a bad one in the bunch of them. Silver-Tongued Devil would have to be my favorite read of the month but you should all know how much I love this series by now. Fantastic! It was great to read another book by Barbara Michaels and it reinforced why I enjoy her books so much. These are all authors that I will be reading more of in the future...that should tell you how good of a month of reading I had! In April, I went on a rereading spree at the beginning of the month. It was much needed. I read the following books in April:






OH MY GOODNESS! If March was a great month of reading then April was an AMAZING month of reading!!! I LOVED each and every book that I read this month (hence all of the capital letters). The Key Trilogy by Nora Roberts was a reread but was just as good as I remembered. It was wonderful to dive back into these books and read them again. Deadline was my ABSOLUTE favorite book of the month! Just thinking about it makes me want to go back and reread it and Feed again. And The Janus Affair was amazingly good as well. Seriously, if I gave star ratings other than on Goodreads these would all be 5 star books for me. The last two books will be on my top ten reads list for this year. I can pretty much guarantee it.

I may not have read a lot of books in the past two months but I have read some pretty f**king fantastic reads. Here is to hoping that May brings about the same thing :)

8 comments:

  1. Wow, you did great with your reading! I must have missed the whole negativity business and I'm glad of it. I had some stuff going on and haven't been blog visiting for a few weeks. Looks like I might have picked a good time to do that.

    Love the pic of your son. What a little man already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really quality is much more important than quantity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continue to enjoy your reading, that's what's important! I'd like to read Joshilyn Jackson's book.

    Adorable photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you found some great reads Sam. I hope whatever happened that was negative is over now. Blogging and reading should be fun, not stressful. I've been slacking on the reading a reviewing front these past few weeks, life in general, work and a reading slump have all affected my reading time.
    Your son looks like a little man! Too cute!
    I remember when my son was that little, now it seems I've blinked and he's 16.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay that April was an amazing reading month. And I hope all will be ok

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I read the Key books, but I have exactly zero memory of them. I might add them to the reread list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Dar, have no clue as to the negativity thing and glad that it sailed right over my head. But I am sorry that it affected you!!

    Having a few f*ing fantastic books makes everything good!!! I like the way you think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this book, Nice Girls Don't Have fangs" on another blog. It's getting out there.

    http://hillaryhermes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)