Thursday, May 17, 2012

Library Loot - Mood Reading

Library Loot is hosted by Marg and Clare and asks us to share our latest library finds.

I've been in a mood lately. Maybe you would call it a reading funk since I had such an amazing month of reading April. I don't know. I do know that for whatever reasons, I'm feeling the need for change. Change is inevitable and maybe this is just one of those times that I need to embrace it. There is lots of change going on in my life right now so I guess that I shouldn't be surprised that it is carrying over to my blog. I think I need a new blog design. And to put all of my thoughts down in a "coherent" post after I'm done mulling it all over. So to be continued... Now, because I'm in a slight reading funk lately I've been browsing the library shelves like crazy. Because everything and nothing sounds good to read. (I know that doesn't make any sense but seriously, that is how it feels) I seem to be drawn to romance and horror so I went with it and grabbed a bunch of books off of the shelves at the library. I'm hoping that one of these jump kicks my reading or else I'm going to my stand-by of J.D. Robb. Something is going to get me reading again. I'm just now sure what yet. And just because I don't want you to think that anything bad is going down, all changes in my life right now are for the good. It is just a matter of adjusting :) So without further ado, here is what I have picked up from the library lately.



Two completely different books and both sound good for different reasons.




Both authors that I've been wanting to try.



And two books that I've read great reviews for (thanks Darlene!)

To make matters worse, I may be crazy but I'm joining in on a read-a-long of EPIC proportions. Trish from Love, Laughter, and a Touch of Insanity is going to be hosting a read-a-long of The Stand by Stephen King. I must read this, I simply must!!! It has been sitting on my TBR list for what feels like forever so I'm joining in for sure. I instantly put the book on hold at the library (which is why I'm including it in my loot) BUT because it is so large...I may just have to buy it. I haven't quite decided yet but I'm going to be reading it for sure! And I think that all of you should join in on the fun!

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your reading! The Stand does seem like a great King book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think The Stand is Kings best work. I have owned several copys of the book and it can easily be found at a used book store. Enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you about change!! Looking forward to see your blog revamped!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna and Dead of Winter are both on my TBR. Hope you enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You come home with some of the best library loot! All of these look great! Enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)