Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Kitty Goes to War by Carrie Vaughn (thoughts)


Kitty Goes to War reinforced why I love this series so much! Filled with action and some suspense throughout the book, I found this to be a fast-paced enjoyable read. I can't wait for more and am now anticipating the next book more than ever.

In this installment Kitty is dealing with a multitude of problems. She has been asked to help deal with some military werewolves that have gone rogue and are now a danger to her pack and society. She is being sued for libel and is dealing with the lawsuit. And on top of everything she has to be the one to lead and protect her pack. With everything going on, it's no wonder that Kitty has her hands full!

I love this series for a variety of reasons but the main reason is that each book is so enjoyable. I like reading these books, I like Kitty, and when I'm finished I look forward to reading the next book. Makes it pretty easy to see why this is one of my favorite series, doesn't it? One of the things that makes this series so different is that Kitty is married which isn't something you see in many urban fantasy series out there. I really enjoyed the fact that in this book we got to see more of Ben, Kitty's husband, and we also got to see more of their relationship together. I love the chemistry that the author has created between these two characters and find it refreshing to read about. Each storyline in this series is unique and this book was no different. I thought the idea of werewolves in the military was original and I also found it interesting to see how Ms. Vaughn tied it in with actual events going on today. Be warned as this is spoilery (don't say I didn't warn you) but the whole twist with Cormac really surprised me. I can see this being dealt with in future books and I'm curious to see what Kitty does with it. All in all, this is a series that I highly recommend although I really think that you should start at the beginning. As for me...well, I'll be waiting impatiently for the next book to come out :P

Disclosure: I snatched this book off the shelves of my local library!

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this! so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful review--I'm glad you enjoyed this so much!

    Sam, I am still getting used to your new blog name and design. Both are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy- I'm sure you will enjoy it when you get the chance to read it. Very enjoyable!

    Suko- I'm still getting used to the new name and look as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any Kitty books, but I'll have to start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great series! Werewolves in the military does sound like an interesting storyline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon- I'm a huge fan of this series so I hope that you enjoy them as much as I do!

    Naida- It was an interesting and original storyline. But all of her storylines are original in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)