Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday Salon- Library Love


I can't remember if I've shared my love for the library with all of you but boy do I LOVE to go to the library. It calms me and soothes me to be surrounded by so many books. Needless to say I went to the library yesterday and picked up a few more books to add to my pile. LOL! I have so many books here that I need to read but in my mind I can always use a few more. Luckily, my son likes to go to the library as well. He always picks out a few DVD's (much cheaper than going to a movie store) and books for us to read together. It's a nice time for me so I thought I would share it with you as well :)
In other book-related news, I finished Sisters of Misery by Megan Kelley Hall and really enjoyed it. I'm excited to read the next book whenever it comes out and see where the author goes with the story. I sent it to my sister so that she can read it as well. I picked up Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews who is a new to me author. It is interesting so far and I'm really enjoying the world that Andrews has created. I find that I am becoming a big fan of urban fantasy which means I have lots of new authors to check out. Yay! I'm 26 today which means ice cream cake (my favorite), opening season of football (we are all decked out in Bears clothing), and dinner with my parents. It should be a fun and relaxing day with my family and I'm looking forward to it. Don't worry I'll still drop by and see what everyone else is reading.....that is until the Bears come on tonight.

7 comments:

  1. I'm with you there. I love the library. Ours has been closed for a whole week thanks to Gustav. It's still closed. :(

    I loved Sisters of Misery! Great, great book. Can't wait for the second book to come out. I think it will be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JKaye- I'm in good company then. Hopefully the next book will be as good or better than the first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libraries have always seemed little short of miraculous to me. After all, they let you take the books away without paying for them. OK, so they want them back again, but in most cases I can handle that. I love them. And Happy Birthday, by the way. Enjoy the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Table talkk- Thanks for the birthday wishes. And I couldn't agree with you more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday! I love the libraries too and I'm the same. I have piles upon piles of my own books to read but it never seems to stop me from reserving some at the library or going there and picking some up. That's sweet that you're instilling the same love of books in your son-that's so important I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the library too, I cant help grabbing way more books that I can possibly read each time I go...lol and the DVDs are much cheaper than the movie place.

    I heard Sisters of Misery was good.

    Happy Birthday!! Enjoy it :)
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dar and Naida- Thanks for the birthday wishes! I always get way more books than I can possibly finish before their due at the library. Oh well...it keeps me happy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)