Monday, September 15, 2008

Size 12 Is Not Fat by Meg Cabot

In this book we are introduced to Heather Wells who is the size of the average American woman as she puts it. Heather is an ex-popstar turned dorm resident assistant after her mother stole all of her money and she lost her recording contract. Even though Heather has been through a lot she has a positive attitude and a fun outlook on life. But girls are dying at her residence hall and the police think that they are accidental deaths. Heather, on the other hand, isn't so sure though. She begins to investigate and before she knows it the killer is after her as well.
This was a fun, fast read for me that I really enjoyed. Heather wasn't the perfect main character which was nice to read about and you couldn't help but identify with her and certain points in the story. It was definitely a cozy mystery...nothing gruesome or anything like that. It was a good change of pace for me and I'm looking forward to reading the next book in this series. There was an afterwards when the story was over telling about where the author gets her ideas from books, etc. It really made me interested in reading other books by Meg Cabot and even her young adult ones like The Princess Diaries. More books to add to my evergrowing TBR list, right???
Challenges: 1st In A Series Challenge
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5

In other book-related news, Jackie from Literary Escapism is holding a contest every day this week. Today's books is Marjorie Liu's Tiger Eye which I haven't read so I'm really excited. Go over to her blog here to check it out!!! BTW- I go to her blog all of the time if you are interested in anything paranormal or urban fantasy...she always has a book to add to my TBR list as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)