Saturday, January 18, 2014

Library Loot - 1st Trip of 2014

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Linda from Silly Little Mischief that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries.

First library loot post of the new year!  Woohoo!  I got a bit away from doing these types of posts last year which makes me sad because I use my library SO MUCH!  I depend on my library system for all of those times when I come across books in a series and need to start at the beginning.  Or when I just need to browse and relax without the guilt of buying more books.  LOL!  The other day I had the opportunity to go to the library by myself (a very rare treat), and I came out with an armful of books.  But this post also includes just a few of the books that I have been putting on hold lately as well.  Here are all the great library finds that I took home with me:






Look at all of those gorgeous covers!  Of course I would like to read them all but realistically I'm just hoping to read them all.  Kidding!  But seriously, I'm not even sure where to start here.  So that is where you guys come in.  Have you read any of these?  Is there any one book that I should read before all of the others?  I have no idea how to choose which of these to read first so I will take any help that I can get!  Also, I'm just adding these all to my hopeful reads for January because why not?

What books have you brought home from the library lately?

8 comments:

  1. I don't see Outlander here. :P I haven't read any of these but I have a big box of books to donate to the library so need to make a trip soon. I was thinking about checking out some graphic novels!

    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those do look good! In my mind, you can't go wrong with Jim Butcher. I do love his Harry Dresden series! I have a copy of Full Moon Rising somewhere, but I haven't yet read it. I have read books by the same author though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you started one of these already? I highly recommend the Elly Griffiths series. I hope you'll enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read Grave Peril and I liked it, although I think the series really gets traction around book 3. I'm a huge Ann Aguirre fan, and I believe she is half of Ellen Connor, so that also gets a vote. I'll have to come back and see what you thought of A Soldier's Duty; that looks intriguing. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)