Thursday, January 2, 2014

January Reading Plans (Nutty Sam Edition)


The title of this post is completely accurate if you count the number of books shown in this picture.  Ten books?  I plan to try and finish ten books in the month of January?  Lmao.  Okay, so maybe I'm not going to read all of these books this month but I will read some of them (and want to read all of them).  What we will skip over is the fact that there are other books that I have coming in from holds at the library.  And of course all of the books on my ipad that are waiting to be read including NetGalley copies.  I have also convinced myself that I will read a bit less this month because I'm going to learn how to knit scarves (that's another topic for my 2014 goals post).  Hmm...I'm not sure how this is going to all work out but I am sure going to try :)  Let's look at the books that I'm hoping to read this month:
  • Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews - For my goal to catch up with this series.
  • Starter House by Sonja Condit - I'm currently reading this one and it is creepy so far! 
  • Ripper by Isabel Allende - Review copy and because of the title.  How could I resist?
  • The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton - Because I've been dying to try this series! (and that cover!)
  • The Waking Dark by Robin Wasserman - It sounds super creepy and I want to read more YA this year!
  • The Midas Murders by Pieter Aspe - Review copy and mystery.  I'm excited!
  • Forever by Jacquelyn Frank - For a TLC book tour.
  • Forbidden by Jacquelyn Frank - Also for a TLC book tour. I've been wanting to read this series for awhile now!
  • Fade to Blonde by Max Phillips - Because thanks to King's Joyland I've discovered Hard Case Crime and now have a personal goal to read all of their books.  I love their covers!  I told you I'm book crazy :)
  • Firelight by Kristen Callihan - Off of my own shelves! And because I have a review copy of the 4th book but want to read the series in order.  I might change my mind on this though...
 Oh boy!  That is a lot of books to read in one month.  Looks like I better get started but before I go....which of these books should I not miss?  Have you read any of them?  And if it keeps snowing like this I just might be able to read them all :)

6 comments:

  1. Good luck both with your reading and your knitting. I want to catch up on Andrews this year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no no no. Sam. Put the pile back and start over. I want to see Outlander in your stack instead. :P Want some help? It's only $1.99 on Kindle and Nook right now. Go...go now.

    But if not, enjoy these others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, how about audiobooks while you knit? I mostly watch mindless TV when I'm handsewing but audiobooks work just as well! Show us your results. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it! And, what's with this Isabel Allende book... I must look into that. Keep us updating on your knitting adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy reading, good luck! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be able to read 10 books in a month would be heaven! Good luck with your reading this week! Even half would be a success in my book. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)