Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Sunday Salon: Books, Books, Books

Good morning everyone!!  I have been quiet here on the blog so far this month which is what happens when I don't write up and schedule posts ahead of time.  I was doing really good with getting all of my posts written up but the past couple of weekends it just didn't happen.  And since I have family coming over later today, I will just have to wait and see if I can get ahead of the game or not.  I'm falling behind on book reviews though which means that I'm considering sitting down at some point and having a review-a-thon.  It would make it slightly less overwhelming if I didn't have so many books that I want to share with all of you about :)

Other happenings in my world are a very soon to be ten year old's birthday party planning.  Apparently it becomes quite the big deal on where to go and who to invite at this age.  He's leaning towards roller skating which would definitely be fun.  And dangerous when my kids are involved.  But fun :)  We've been to the library a few times and I'm WAY behind in sharing all of my library loot with you.  Work continues to be challenging but enjoyable and I'm hoping/praying that it stays that way.  Exercise has been nonexistent but after trying on swimsuits last week that is going to change.  Ugh!  Nothing like a slap to your self esteem by standing in front of a full length mirror with minimal clothing.  Let's just leave it at that.  And I'm SO READY FOR SPRING!!!!!!  I love the winter and am actually a huge fan of snow.  But for whatever reasons this year, I'm waiting (quite impatiently) for sunshine, warmer weather, and some good thunderstorms.  Mainly, I'm ready for the warmer weather!  Plus, my kids have spring fever and are more than ready to play outside to burn off some of their energy.  C'mon Spring!!

In reading news, I finished up Face the Fire by Nora Roberts last night which is the last book in one of my favorite trilogies.  These were a reread for me but I literally devoured the entire trilogy in a little over a week.  It was a delight to go back to this world that Roberts created and experience it again!  Since I didn't share my thoughts on these books with you guys the first time that I read them, I'm definitely planning on writing up my thoughts this time.  I'm not sure what I'm going to read next now though.  Before I started rereading this trilogy I was reading:


I'm definitely ready to dive back into Gone Girl and see what happens next!  Green-Eyed Envy is only turning out to be an okay read (as of right now) so I'm thinking about picking up something else before I go back to finishing it.  I haven't quite decided yet though and I just may go right back to these two.  Lastly, yesterday we went to the local thrift shop to browse and I came away with a few new to me books.  The books were buy one get one free so how could I possibly resist????  I found the following:





Barbara Michaels!!!!!!!!!  Yay, yay, yay!!!!!  I'm a huge fan and am currently stockpiling all of her books.  Seriously, every time I go to the used bookstore I look for ones that I don't have.  This one seems to be a sequel to one that Jenny has recommended to me a couple of times.  I think the next time I go to the library I'm going to grab Ammie, Come Home so I can finally give it a try!  Because I'm in the mood for some Barbara Michael's goodness :)

I'm off to start some laundry, pick up the house (that I just cleaned yesterday), and then hopefully find the time to fit a little reading in.  Happy Sunday to all of you!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Life tends to get in the way of computer time, at least it does for me. There are times when I truly welcome not getting online! Loving your books that you picked up!! Have fun with the birthday party plans!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, I hope you can find some time for your books as these look especially tempting. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)