Sunday, March 24, 2013

Once Upon A Time VII Challenge


It may not feel like spring (when it has been snowing all day long) but spring is definitely here when Carl's Once Upon a Time Challenge comes around!  Are you guys as excited as I am???  You should be!  Carl's challenges are always fun to participate in and a VERY easy way to add to the TBR list :)  I know that I always end up adding a bunch of books that I want to read after seeing everyone's lists and reviews.  He even makes it easy on you because it isn't really a challenge per say AND you can read as much or as little as you want.  Easy, peasy.  I'm signing up for the journey which only requires one read.  I plan on reading more but thought I would keep it simple and see what happens.


Nothing is better then coming up with a pool of books to choose from.  Never mind that half of the time I end up going in the opposite direction.  Or forget completely about my original list of books.  The fun is in browsing the TBR and coming up with possibilities.  Possibilities....I like that!  Here are just a few of the books that I'm considering for this challenge:






Lots of possibilities here and a good mix of books that I already have on my shelves and some that I will need to grab from the library.  It has been such a long time since I read the 1st book in the Jasper Fforde series that I might just reread the first book instead.  Howl's Moving Castle is waiting patiently on my e-reader just waiting for me to try it.  And this challenge wouldn't be complete without a little Harry Dresden!  Hooray for Spring and the Once Upon a Time Challenge!!!

7 comments:

  1. This is a terrific reading challenge! I have "taken" the journey as well. Your list of possibilities looks spectacular. I know you'll enjoy this challenge, Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Especially yay to Howl's Moving Castle! And also especially yay to Among Others, another wonderful book that I too am rereading although not necessarily for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fun challenge, happy reading! You've got so many great choices here. I've been wanting to read Jim Butcher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana Wynne Jones is ALWAYS a good idea! If you read Among Others, I'll be curious to see your review--people seem to have very divergent opinions on it... Have fun with The Journey! I do love how low-key Carl's "challenges" always are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice list. I would like to try Jim Butcher's Dresden Files series, and also Among Others. I have read 4 of the Thursday Next series, and enjoyed them. Have fun with whatever you read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your picks and I say Rosemary and Rue cos I LOVE that series :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the challenge! I love seeing what everyone is reading and, like you, my tbr list grows. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)