Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dark Awakening by Kendra Leigh Castle (thoughts)

Dark Awakening was an enjoyable way to revisit one of my favorite paranormal romance authors.  Tynan MacGillivray is on the hunt for a special "Seer" that can help secure victory for the vampire clan that he works for.  Although he is considered to be an outcast among the vampires that he lives around and works for, he has a hope that finding this seer will make life better for him and his kind.  Until he meets Lily Quinn and his entire life changes...

There is nothing better than a good paranormal romance especially one written by this author.  I was completely enchanted with this book from the first page until the last.  Tynan is one of those tortured heroes that you can't help but love and root for.  I wanted to see him happy and in love, and Lily Quinn was the perfect match for him.  The chemistry between these two easily heated up the pages and had me cheering for them as a couple.  The storyline was fresh and original and I especially enjoyed the idea of Lucy being a Seer.  It was interesting to see some of the skills that she possessed and I'm guessing that we will see her develop more in future books in this series.  I'm just hoping that each book has a couple with a hot relationship like these two did.  Another thing that I appreciated with this book was the different "castes" or groups of vampires.  Tynan was a part of a group that was considered to be below other vampires which is one of the reasons that he was trying to make things better for his kind.  I really liked that about it him, it just endeared him to me all the more.  I found the ending of the book to be a strong finish even though it is part of a series which I really appreciated!  I get frustrated sometimes when authors leave too much open for the next book but luckily that didn't happen here.

What else to say about this book other than I loved it?  It was a fast paced read, I didn't want to set it down, and I wanted to read more about the characters after I was finished.    I'm eager to see what happens in the next book of this series.  In fact, I've already got it loaded onto my Kindle ready to go.  I'm a huge fan of this author and would definitely recommend this book to fans of paranormal romance.  If you haven't tried this author yet I would also recommend her MacInnes Werewolf trilogy.   

Bottom Line:  A must read author in my opinion!  And this book just serves to reinforce that!

Disclosure:  I checked this book out from my local library!

6 comments:

  1. You make this sound so good, Samantha! I'm currently taking a break from the supernatural, but I'm sure I will be returning soon. I'll add this to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a good good paranormal romance too. You make this sound like a great series, I'll ahve to keep an eye out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the decision to go with vampires or werewolves...???? I might just mark both series to read. I certainly enjoy a great romance and when you add well-written paranormal to the mix then I'm sure to enjoy it big time. I'm pinning this book for my 2013 list!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you were completely entranced by this book! I'm so glad you enjoyed this book from the first page until the last. It sounds like an exciting book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a coincidence, Samantha. I was just sending around some news from Forever Romance that includes a special Ebook promotion for DARK AWAKENING. It's available for $2.99 from now until January 17th. I know it's always a good time to share thoughts on a good book, but this week the timing is perfect. Best, Joan Schulhafer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy- I do hope that you read this one at some point! It was really good and I'm a HUGE fan of this author!!!

    Naida- It was definitely good...I cannot wait to read book 2!

    Staci- You should! You should! These are both solid series even if I've only read book one of this one. This is an author that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend :)

    Suko- It definitely was!

    Joan- What perfect timing! I hope that some others find this series because I just adored this book. I'm more than ready to start on the second book :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)