Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent (thoughts)


Blood Bound is the beginning to a very interesting urban fantasy series. Liv Warren lives in a very dangerous world where the city is controlled by two different power houses and their leaders. Liv is a skilled blood tracker who tries to stay on the outside fringes of the city and live in the neutral zone. Unfortunately, her talents have brought her to the attention of both sides of the city, and a friend from childhood brings her in the midst of a heap of trouble. But the trouble really begins when her ex-lover Cam Cabellero shows up....

Blood Bound was everything that a good urban fantasy should be. Vincent has created a unique, dangerous world that swept me away within the story. Liv lives in a city that is basically ruled by two "mob like" bosses who both want her skills under their control. These bosses use "binders" (another type of skill that certain individuals have) to bind people with prized skills to them to help keep them under their control. This caused a constant tension throughout the story that had me reading this book as fast as I could. Liv had a skill talent that was stronger than most which had me curious as to how it will play out in future books. And in typical Vincent style, the author kept me off balance as there were many surprising twists and turns that I definitely didn't expect throughout the book. I liked the idea that there were different skills that people could have and I am looking forward to learning more about these skills in future books. The whole world and storyline was such a unique concept. I just loved it! The ending of the book blew me out of the water. It took me by complete surprise and left me wanting more.

All in all, this was a great addition to the urban fantasy genre and a great beginning to this series! This book was SO close to landing on my top 10 reads from last year.....and I can't wait to read the second book when it comes out. Highly recommended to fans of urban fantasy.

Bottom Line: A must read for urban fantasy fans!

Disclosure: I checked this one out at my local library!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this so much. As usual, you've written a terrific review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure liked it too, but then I do have a soft spot for Vincent's books :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was curious about this series. I will add this book to my wish list now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely MUST read one of her books this year!! I loved your thoughts on this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suko- This was an easy review to write because it was such an enjoyable read!

    Blodeuedd- I have a soft spot for Vincent's books as well. I loved how different this book was from her shifters series!

    Kailana- You'll have to let me know if you read this one!

    Staci- She is one of my favorite authors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)