Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012 Goals and Challenges




2012 reading goals.....I have none. I'm sure there are many things that I would like to accomplish like reading more, reviewing more, etc. but when it came down to it I couldn't think of a single goal that I just HAD to accomplish. I really liked what Andi from Estella's Revenge said about blogging passionately and reading deliberately. I like the sound of that... I think that as long as I am enjoying what I'm reading and finding time to read then that will be what is important for me in 2012.

Personal goal wise, I would like to begin some other projects. Like ACTUALLY print pictures off of my camera. Take more photos. Make a blanket for each of my kids. Begin a scrapbook. Work on organizing my recipes (thanks to Trish for the great idea). Eat healthier. Work out on a regular basis. De-clutter my house. Read more with my kids. It's the little things but they are all important so I'm going to focus on them this year :)

Finally, as usual I'm going to go overboard and join in on some challenges. I'm hoping to focus on participating in group reads and book group reads this year because I really enjoyed the ones that I found last year. But reading for me is community and I couldn't resist joining in on some challenges as well. I'm going to cheat though and just list the names of the challenges that I plan on joining in on.
  • Merely Mystery Challenge- 12 books (one for each mystery genre)
  • 100+ Reading Challenge- I haven't really come close but still...
  • 2nd Reading Challenge
  • First in a Series Challenge
  • Death by Gaslight Reading Challenge
  • Horror & Urban Fantasy Challenge
  • Mystery & Suspense Challenge
  • Romance Reading Challenge
  • Witches and Witchcraft Reading Challenge
  • Chunkster Reading Challenge
  • New Author Challenge

And that's all I can think of for right now. I'm sure there will be more. And I do plan to continue participating in readathons since I had so much fun doing them last year. I'm sure that 2012 is going to be a jam packed year....so bring on the books!

11 comments:

  1. Good luck with all those challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang that's a lot of challenges! ;) But I love the list of things you'd like to do this year! Curious about the blankets you'd like to make the kiddos--quilting??

    Just chip away at it when you can. Took me about a year to finish that recipe scrapbook! (But I'm so glad I did...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...the kiddies are too cute!
    I know what you mean, my 2012 reading goal is to just read what I want and to enjoy it.
    I also like that 'blogging passionately and reading deliberately'.

    Happy 2012! Enjoy those challenges and good luck with your personal goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the reading challenges and your personal goals in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for joining the Chunkster Challenge! I'm pretty bad when it comes to printing my photos too. Good luck with all of your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness that is a few challenges. Lol. Good luck with those. I'm only joining a few this year.

    I don't really have any reading goals either. Just the same as always. Read what I can and hopefully enjoy most of them. I love all your other goals though. I hope to get some De-cluttering done too and hopefully get around to some crafts this year.

    The pictures are great. I just can't believe how big the kids are getting. I hope this year is going to be a good one for you and your family Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining the Death by Gaslight challenge! I can't wait to see what you choose.

    As long as you enjoy what you do (or read), that's all that matters. Life's too short for regrets...or bad books. ;)

    Good luck with the rest of your challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The challenges sound fun and I love your attitude about 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to declutter my house, too, but it seems like such a big project. LOL

    Cute kiddos. :)

    And good luck with all your challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blodeuedd- Thanks!!

    Trish- Definitely not quilting Trish :) I wish that I knew how to quilt but I can't say that I do. They are those fleece blankets that you tie at the ends. I will try to share pictures if I accomplish this :)

    Naida- I stole that from Andi at Estella's Revenge and I just love it! It fits perfectly with the way I feel about blogging in general :)

    Kailana- Thanks! I probably signed up for too many challenges but what is new about that??

    Vasilly- I AM going to read some chunksters this year! I just checked out The Passage from the library...that may be my 1st read for this challenge.

    Darlene- I hope that the new year is good to you as well. My kids are growing so fast...I try to stay in the moment and enjoy as much as possible. I'm going to miss these days when they get older :)

    Jenn C- Thanks for hosting this one! I'm eager to see what others read for it because I am sure that it will add to my TBR list :)

    Staci- I love a good challenge even though I finish few of them. It is fun to try though!

    Missie- It is going to be a BIG project for us. Especially going through the kids toys and getting rid of some of it. I would like to get their rooms organized first but it is quite a daunting task!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for joining my Witches & Witchcraft reading Challenge!!!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)