Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Library Loot

Another week of holds from the library coming in. I finished and took back Boneshaker by Cherie Priest. I'll be reviewing it sometime next week. And I'm just beginning Street Magic by Caitlin Kittredge which is from last week's loot. If you want to play along then Mr. Linky is at Marg's blog this week :)

I picked up the following:







1. Waiting For Columbus by Thomas Trofimuk
2. The World Without Us by Alan Weisman
3. Once a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough
4. Still Life by Lousie Penny
5. Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane
I'm excited for all of these as usual :) The World Without Us is my nonfiction pick for this month (I'm hoping to read more nonfiction this way). I believe I've checked it out before but didn't end up reading it. And I just saw a preview for the movie based on Shutter Island with Leonardo DiCaprio in it. SOOO excited to read it now! I didn't even know about the movie until the other day and that was after I had put the book on hold. It works out perfectly. So there you have it...share thoughts or recommendations if you like :) I'm always willing to put more books on hold. LOL!

16 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to hear what you think of A World without Us and Shutter island. I have contemplated taking both of those home but haven't yet. Your reviews might seal the deal for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look great and like Linda said I'm waiting anxiously for your thoughts on these!! Because like you I love putting books on hold!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look great, but Shutter Island previews in just 9 days :) I can't wait to see the movie, as I finished the book last month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda- I'll let you know as these are both books that I am really looking forward to.

    Staci- I'm addicted to putting books on hold. Especially now since I really don't have much time to browse.

    Diane- I believe your review is the reason I added Shutter Island to my TBR list and requested it from the library. It looks and sounds SOO good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! You got Waiting for Columbus! I looooved that book! Looks like you got a good haul there, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your loot looks interesting. I haven't read any of those titles yet. I'm always looking for more books to add to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of these either! Enjoy your loot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shutter Island is quite enjoyable in a schlocky '50s thriller kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like some great books. I'm curious to know how you enjoy Shutter Island!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heather- I believe it was your review that made me put this book on hold from the library. It sounds great!

    Colleen- You and me both. It is an addiction as I have a notebook filled with titles of books that I want to read :)

    Marg- I'm hoping to enjoy all of these!

    Uenohama- Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it..I believe that it is what I'm going to read next.

    Aths- I've heard positive things about Shutter Island so hopefully I'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read Shutter Island as a vacation book last December and couldn't put it down! It was quite an enjoyable read. I hope you have fun reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Olduvaireads- I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed this one. Are you planning on watching the movie at some point?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sam....Glad to hear that you liked the book Shutter Island. The movie is even better IMO...enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have really enjoyed the whole series by Louise Penny. I hope you do, too. Shutter Island is on my iPod, but just haven't gotten to it yet. Now that it's a movie, I should listen to it soon. My husband enjoyed it years ago. I look forward to your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Diane- I am SO excited to see the movie now after reading the book!

    Joy- Should definitely start listening to it. It was quite the thriller IMO!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to hear all about Once a Witch. The title alone has me interested.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)