Thursday, February 4, 2010

Library Loot-


I told you guys that I had the library bug again, didn't I?? I've got a very reasonable pile (in my opinion) of books checked out but we all knew that me only having 2 books checked out wasn't going to last. Most of these were holds that came in this week as my browsing time is VERY limited. But the limited time does help keep me from overdoing it and grabbing every book that I want to take home with me :) Here is what I came home with this week:

1. Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde
2. Street Magic by Caitlin Kittredge
3. Boneshaker by Cherie Priest - I'm currently reading this one and I REALLY like it so far!!
4. Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel - So excited about this one :)
5. Still Life by Joy Fielding

I also still have The Iron Hunt by Marjorie M. Liu checked out. Plus, I have a few other books on hold so I need to get busy reading these. I may have limited browsing time but I've got a bunch of good books checked out! Let me know if you've read any of these and your thoughts.

9 comments:

  1. Sam, I haven't read any of your selections but I hope you enjoy them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! I have been reading terrific reviews of Wolf Hall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Still Life is a compelling read!

    My Loot:

    http://laurelrainsnow.wordpress.com/2010/02/04/library-loot-2/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great loot! I've heard good things about Boneshaker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suko- I'm so excited about these so I hope that I enjoy them too!

    Stephanie- I have been reading such good reviews of Wolf Hall that I am dying to crack it open :)

    Laurel-Rain Snow- Glad to hear it! I've read and enjoyed Fielding so I'm looking forward to this one.

    Ladytink- I'm currently reading Boneshaker and I really like it so far!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great library loot! I havent been to the library in ages, I get anxiety about having to return the books in time! lol.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Naida- I need a little bit of that as I hate getting library fines but I still do on a regular basis. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love reading Fforde myself, although he is an autobuy author for me, not a library author. I also bought Wolf Hall as I am not sure that I can give the book the attention it deserves with a deadline looming.

    Enjoy your loot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marg- I'm not sure that I'm going to get to Wolf Hall in time so I may have to renew it before I get a chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)