Monday, September 23, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?? (September 23rd)

It's Monday! is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey and states:

"Welcome to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!"

Good Morning and Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Mine went entirely too fast as usual but that wasn't a surprise.  Not much new to report on the life front.  Just a lot of work, homework with the kiddos, practices, and then rinse/repeat.  It keeps us all very busy which is why I'm starting to appreciate Sundays and Mondays which are now our only two quiet nights of the week.  It is such a relief to slow down just a bit before jumping back into the chaos once again :)

Last week was a quiet week for me here on the blog and after all of the Goodreads' madness I'm kind of glad.  I will admit that it left me feeling quiet and contemplative in terms of blogging in general.  Hence I just let the blog stay silent for the rest of the week.  What that meant though is that I managed to finish up two books!  Woohoo!  Last week I finished up the following two books:



Fatal Strike by Shannon McKenna was a fast paced romantic suspense that made me wish that I had started at the beginning of the series.  It was a pretty good read although I think I would have enjoyed it a bit more if I had the back story for all of the characters.  I'm hoping to write up my thoughts on this one soon!

How To Be a Good Wife by Emma Chapman was a tense page-turning read but the ending left me with lots of unresolved feelings.  I'm going to have to mull over my feelings on this one a bit longer before writing up my thoughts on it.  I would love to discuss this one with others that have read it!

I'm currently reading the following two books:


I'm reading Backlash for an upcoming TLC book tour.  It's good so far but it is a pretty thick book so it will take me a bit to get through it.  I'm also reading Full Blooded on my e-reader.  I've just barely started this one but I'm already intrigued!  I'm hoping to get some quality reading time in with this one soon. 

Newest additions to my Ipad thanks to Edelweiss and NetGalley this week are:

     

I'm super excited to read both of these!  But I think that it is time to put myself on a NetGalley and Edelweiss ban until I catch up a bit :)  My reading list of books is a bit ridiculous at this point.  I'm sure you guys can all understand!  Maybe in November I will work on cleaning up my e-reader and getting some of those review copies read.  It's a good plan at least!

Happy Monday and Happy Reading!

5 comments:

  1. Great books Sam. I like the sound of Fatal Strike. I need to go on a NetGalley and Edelweiss ban too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sam, all of these look very "readable". It s hard to find enough time to read when we are so busy! I'm hoping this week will be better in that regard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how much reading we get done when we aren't blogging right? :)

    Looking forward to more of your thoughts on How To Be a Good Wife. I like the cover so I'm curious about that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on How to be a Good Wife. I'm curious about that one. You sure do sound busy. I doubt I could keep up. Uggggh, NetGalley and Edelweiss can be bad. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naida- I seriously wish that I was actually sticking to my NetGalley/Edelweiss ban! I have no self control sometimes especially when the books sound so good :) Fatal Strike was my first by this author but it definitely won't be my last!

    Suko- I've been having a hard time just actually taking the time to read. I NEED to find more time though because it is one of the easiest ways for me to just relax and de-stress.

    Iliana- I really enjoyed How To Be a Good Wife and need to write up my thoughts ASAP! Be warned that the ending was the only part of the book that I didn't enjoy though. It is still going to be one of those books that I recommend!

    Darlene- I would definitely recommend How To Be a Good Wife! And I'm sure that you could keep up...it is just the question of if you would want to. LOL! It may be busy but it is always fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)