Sunday, October 2, 2011

Readathons, Reviews, and Readalongs

Look what I found!!! A new read-a-thon to join in on which of course makes me ridiculously excited. The only requirement to participate in this read-a-thon is that we read one scary book. As I'm just beginning The Lantern by Deborah Lawrenson I can honestly say that I'm good to go as this book is supposed to be a creepy, gothic read. The read-a-thon goes on all week long so let's see if I can make up for a crappy month of reading in September and make October that much better :)

I'm also reading The Lantern by Deborah Lawrenson because I am participating in Carl's readalong. I'm super excited to participate in this readalong because so many others are and I think that it will be fun to discuss this book with everyone. Plus, there has been a TON of hype surrounding this book so naturally I'm curious to see what it is all about.


And then look what else I found while I was perusing my reader. Another read-a-thon although this one doesn't start for a few weeks. That's okay as it means that maybe I will get lots of reading done in October and have my best month yet. I can hope even though my busy life says otherwise :)

And finally, I just signed up to be a cheerleader for Dewey's read-a-thon! I participated last time it came around and had lots of fun. I haven't even checked my schedule yet to see if that is my weekend to work or not (9 times out of 10 it is though) but I'm still going to clear a few hours of my schedule and cheer the readers on. Probably later at night when the kiddos are asleep :)

I'm super excited about all of these different events and I'm thinking that October is going to be filled with bookish goodness. I almost forgot to share that I will also be "attempting" to focus on catching up on my reviews now that I'm 11 reviews behind and counting. I read a post about the No Old Review Club started by the Literate Housewife (hashtag #NORC). Catching up on reviews has been something I've been trying to do for months now so of course I wanted to participate. Maybe talking to others will help motivate me to catch up. Because I really want to review every book that I read in 2011. It has kinda become a goal for me :) Now let the reading commence!

8 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, don't show me any more read-a-thons...lol...I can't resist them myself :P

    I always enjoy Dewey's though, and it always falls on my turn to work as well. But I read when I get home and through the night if it does.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to check out the Dewey RAT and see what's on my calendar for that weekend. Looks like you will have a great October!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all those readathons you're sure to have a good month! I just finished The Lantern and it is definitely a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These read-a-thons sound like fun, and have great buttons as well. I will have to check the dates and my schedule. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the read-a-thon! Hope you enjoy the week. The Lantern looks good.

    I'm also doing the other two read-a-thons. I just can't resist them. That's why I host one every season during the year!

    The prize page and the first mini-challenge are up at the blog, if you'd like to check them out.

    Happy Haunted Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see what you think of The Lantern. I've been interested in that one for a while. I'm thinking about reading on the read-a-thon. That is if Sam will leave me alone long enough. I'm looking forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Lots of fun things this month!! I'm so glad you'll be a readathon cheerleader--we needs lots of good folks! Right now we have 37 cheerleaders for 300 readers!

    Been hearing so much The Lantern. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I took a break from reading during the WW read-a-thon to check out your blog and I am now following. Stop by for coffee and check out my book reviews. Would love to have you follow me :)
    http://www.kimbathecaffeinatedbookreviewer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)