Friday, December 3, 2010

Library Loot - Winter Reading


I can't seem to stop requesting books from the library...I am on a library book splurge!!! How I am going to possibly read all of these before the end of the year is beyond me but I can't even describe how badly I want to. And here is something that I am going to say very quietly...this isn't all of my loot. LOL! I have even more but figured I didn't want to overwhelm you all since I'm kinda overwhelmed myself :) But I still just requested two more books from the library today. Oh my. Yeah. I told you I can't stop. I think it is all of this winter weather...I'm ready to curl up under blankets and cozy down with some good books. And hot chocolate of course! Here is what I checked out from top to bottom:
  • Night Shift by Lilith Saintcrow
  • The Reapers are the Angels by Alden Bell
  • The Birth of Love by Joanna Kavenna (Thanks to Andi!)
  • The Leavenworth Case by Anna Katharine Green (Thanks to Eva!)
  • Black and White by Jackie Kessler and Caitlin Kittredge
  • The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey
  • Dreadnought by Cherie Priest (Loved Boneshaker earlier this year)
  • Indigo Springs by A.M. Dellamonica
  • The Agency: A Spy in the House by Y.S. Lee

I picked up Dreadnought from the library only to realize that there is a 2nd book in the Clockwork series. So I had to request Clementine as well and am just waiting for it to come in. (I'm nuts I tell you :) I feel like I say this for every season but I just love the winter! And I love winter reading!!

8 comments:

  1. I want to read The Reapers Are Angels! I've seen lots of good stuff about it. It's really cold here today and there's a chance of snow tonight, so I'm looking forward to curling up on the couch this evening with a book! Thanks for checking out my Loot! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting stacks of books from the library. I can never understand people who leave with just one or two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is quite the stack of books Sam and it looks like some of them are pretty chunky too. Enjoy your winter reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think part of the rush is just seeing them there waiting for you!!! Isn't is a delicious feeling???? Enjoy and don't stress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can read Dreadnought without reading Clementine first. Clementine's more of a side story in the same world.
    Enjoy your loot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same problem Sam. Most go back unread as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love winter reading as well. You have some great reading in store for you, I think. As a mother of little ones you deserve some quiet time to yourself, reading, while they are asleep. Enjoy, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you have some fabulous choices on here! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)