Sunday, November 14, 2010

On My Wishlist (Radar) or a Book Coveting Post

This is one of those posts that just makes me a bit crazy with lust that is. Here are a few of the books that I am currently coveting and planning on getting my hands on in the near future (and all summaries are from Goodreads)

"Raylene Pendle (aka Chesire Red), a vampire and world-renowned thief, doesn't usually hang with her own kind. She's too busy stealing priceless art and rare jewels. But when the infuriatingly charming Ian Stott asks for help, Raylene finds him impossible to resist-even though Ian doesn't want precious artifacts."

I'm pretty sure that I will read anything Cherie Priest writes at this point so as soon as I saw this book I wanted to read it. Sounds awesome!!!

"What if a woman sold her soul to a demon and 300 years later wanted it back?

In the 17th century, a woman is ripped from her husband's arms, thrown in jail, and then set on fire as a witch. Saved from the flames by an ancient Sumerian demon, she becomes the Black Ghost, his Ageless assassin gifted with otherworldly skills and superbly trained in martial arts. Centuries pass before Maliha Crayne finds a way out of the life she hates. If she saves as many lives as she has taken, she'll break the demon's hold on her. If she fails, she will suffer the demon's torment...forever."

Love, love, love the sound of this one! Will be requesting it from the library as soon as possible :)

"In the city of Lovecraft, the Proctors rule and a great Engine turns below the streets, grinding any resistance to their order to dust. The necrovirus is blamed for Lovecraft's epidemic of madness, for the strange and eldritch creatures that roam the streets after dark, and for everything that the city leaders deem Heretical-born of the belief in magic and witchcraft. And for Aoife Grayson, her time is getting shorter by the day."

Umm...I was pretty much sold by the cover but then the summary added in magic and witchcraft. I HAVE to read this one and I don't want to wait!!!!

I want all of these now!!! And that is just the tip of the iceberg....I was browsing and found tons of new (to me anyways) books that I am now dying to read. Looks like my book drought is over. And I'll be letting you know as soon as I get my hands on any of these puppies :)


  1. Great post!
    I like the covers on these and they sound like good reads.

  2. Covers are so awesome that they really sell the book!!

  3. Naida- Me too! Me too! I want them right now :)

    Staci- That is the truth...I didn't realize how much I enjoyed book covers until after I started blogging!

  4. Book lust is such a good thing ... and I have to say those covers are eye-catching. They look like movie posters!

  5. Jenners- I have book lust 95% of the time....and the other 5% I am sleeping. LOL!

  6. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!

  7. I like this site. Really nice place for all


Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)