Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Once a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough


From Goodreads:

"Tamsin Greene comes from a long line of witches, and she was supposed to be one of the most Talented among them. But Tamsin's magic never shows up. Now seventeen, Tamsin attends boarding school in Manhattan, far away from her family. But when a handsome young professor mistakes her for her very Talented sister, Tamsin agrees to find a lost heirloom for him. The search-and the stranger-will prove to be more sinister than they first appeared..."


My Thoughts:


I'm not a huge YA reader but books like this make me want to read more. This was a fun, fast read that was completely an enjoyable experience. Nothing amazing but a good read nonetheless. Tamsin is a character that I could easily relate to and I'm sure that others (especially teens) can relate to her as well. The mystery was well thought out and kept me interested especially with the time travel elements. My only complaint was with the ending as it fell a bit flat for me. But as their is a sequel (I'm assuming due to the ending), I'm still agree to read more about Tamsin and her family. And may I just say that I really enjoy books with witches in them. All in all, a good read and I'll be waiting for more by this author!



Disclosure: Checked out from the li..li...library!
*I read this book for the following challenges:
YA Challenge
New Author Challenge
Support Your Library Challenge
100+ Reading Challenge
Speculative Fiction Challenge

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good book. Thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like young adult and mysteries, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suko- It was a good book!

    Tribute books- Hope you enjoy this one if you read it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)