Monday, August 4, 2008

Book Reviews

Because I am 4 reviews behind I am going to catch myself up all in one fell swoop. Sorry if they are a bit short and you can always email me at samantha.1020@yahoo.com if you have any questions for me about a certain book or just leave a comment. Here is a few reviews of what I have been reading:

34. Seduction In Death by J.D. Robb- Another mystery involving Eve and her hubby Roarke. I can't even begin to explain how much I enjoy these series. It is a treat for me to pick up these books. In this book, Eve is trying to track down possibly two killers who are drugging and killing young women. I really liked the side story with Peabody and McNab and felt that it added to this book. This wasn't the best in the series but it was still pretty good so I gave it a 4 out of 5 rating. I already have the next book in this series checked out from the library :)
Read for the A-Z Challenge ("S" Title)

35. Grave Peril by Jim Butcher- I have been reading a lot of series books lately. This is a fairly new series to me (I'm only on #3) but I am really enjoying it. I love Harry and am always rooting for him to come through. In this installment, Harry is up against an unknown someone who has been stirring up ghosts and causing all sorts of trouble for Harry. This was a good book and I felt like he developed into an even more likeable character. The ending was bittersweet for me but also made me want to read the next book sooner rather than later. I ended up rating this one a 4.25 out of 5.

36. Better Read Than Dead by Victoria Laurie- The second book in her Psychic Eye series has Abby involved with the mafia. She has major relationship issues with Dutch and is trying to help Dutch's old partner in a serial rapist case. It all adds up to be a fun read that kept me guessing to see how Abby was going to get herself out of it all. I did guess one part of the ending but it didn't keep me from enjoying the rest of the book. I will keep reading this series and see where it goes from here. I rated this one a 4 out of 5.
Read for A-Z Challenge ("L" Author)

37. Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death by M.C. Beaton- I've been hearing a lot of differing opinions on this series with you either like or don't like Agatha. Apparently I like Agatha because I really enjoyed this first book. I know, I know....like I need another series to start reading but whatever. In this 1st book, Agatha moves to Cotswalds and then decided to enter into a baking contest in order to try and fit in with her neighbors. Except she buys her quiche and later it is found that it has poisoned and killed the judge of the contest. This was a very simple mystery but it still drew me in and kept me wrapped up within it wondering what kind of trouble Agatha was going to get into next. And I liked her as a main character. I rated it a 4.5 out of 5 and am looking forward to the next book in this series.
Read for the 1st In A Series Challenge

I am officially on book #38 for the year which is Three For The Money by Janet Evanovich. I am looking forward to a few good laughs and a visit with Grandma Mazur. I've got a ton of books checked out from the library that I need to get to. Plus, I should probably buckle down and read a few books for my challenges but....we'll see. I really just enjoy making the lists anyways. It is going to be a busy few weeks as we buy my oldest his very 1st school supplies and go to backpack night. He is going to have to start with a bedtime again which I am sure that he is not going to be thrilled about. Oh well...that is just the way the ball rolls sometimes, right? Well, I'm off to take my daughter on a walk and get some fresh air and exercise. Hope to talk to you all very soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)