Sunday, November 10, 2019

The Sunday Salon (Evening Edition)

"The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme"

I'm posting a bit later than I usually do today but I was in the mood to chat with all of you.  The end of the year is rapidly approaching which is always a busy but fun time.  I'm already thinking about my reading year so far (I'm currently four books from my Goodread's goal for the year), the books that I'm anticipating in 2020, and what blogging will look like for me in the new year.  I've come to understand that I blog when I can.  This comes in waves - sometimes I'm more active and am able to get posts scheduled ahead of time.  Other times are more like today where I'm writing this post before dinner (so basically by the seat of my pants) but still want to share.  I would love to keep up with my posts more in the new year but time will tell if that actually happens or not. 

In other news, I have some new book mail to share with all of you.  I would love to get better about posting my book mail on a more consistent basis so this is also something I'm going to work towards in the new year. 


Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt sounds like a SUPER creepy read!  I'm so excited to give it a try - honestly it just sounds like a book that should be read during this time of year with the long, dark nights.  I may end up giving myself nightmares with this one but still can't wait to check it out!

Life and Limb by Jennifer Roberson is a fantasy type of read (I believe).  As I just finished, The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin (and LOVED it), I'm absolutely there for this one!  I just cannot wait to check it out and see what new world this author has created.  I'm really in the fantasy mood now so I don't think I'll be waiting too long to read this one!

All The Best Lies by Joanna Schaffhausen is one of my most anticipated reads for 2020!  I have loved BOTH of the previous two books in this series.  The author isn't afraid to take chances with her books and the main characters are ones that just love to read about.  I have very high hopes for this one - honestly, it doesn't release until February but I'm pretty sure I will be reading this one next month at the latest.

A Good Neighborhood by Therese Anne Fowler isn't my typical sort of read which is why I'm so excited to read it!  I've realized lately that I need to push myself once in awhile to read more than just mysteries and thrillers all of the time.  This book also doesn't release until 2020 but I'm really looking forward to it as well.  I do plan on really working on stretching my reading boundaries in the new year however that looks!

I'm currently reading the following two books:


The Cost of Honor by Diana Munoz Stewart is a the third book in a romantic suspense series where I just recently read and enjoyed the second book not that long ago.  I'm about 100 pages in and enjoying this one as well.  It's a pretty fast read so I'm hoping to finish it this week.

Vanishing Girls by Lisa Regan is my current read for #NetGalleyNovember.  I've got a ridiculous number of review copies courtesy of both NetGalley and Edelweiss.  I'm working on focusing on reading a few of them this month.  This is my second book for this "challenge" so I already feel like I've been successful with it so far.  I would love to finish this one as well this week so that's my reading goals for the week.

As we are into the evening already, I don't really have any plans of the day to share.  I have been working diligently on my laundry piles this weekend and still really haven't made that much of a dent.  I'll continue on with that this week as well.  I also went to my youngest son's basketball game today which was fun.  It's always fun to watch at this age as they are still learning so much!  I'm off to curl up with one of my books and maybe a little Harry Potter movie to end my day.

Happy Sunday and Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah I totally get it about blogging when you can. After 11 years of book blogging I can see that my blogging has varied depending on what was going on in my life during the years. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I wish that I could find the time to blog more regularly but it just doesn't seem to happen as often as I want it to. It sounds like you've been blogging as long as as I have! I'm really looking forward to these new books so hopefully they are as good as they all sound!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love visiting your blog but totally understand the ebbs and flows of blogging. I wish I could be more on schedule with mine as well but there's just so much else to get done right? Enjoy your new books and your egalleys. I have a lot of those waiting for me as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iliana - It's just so hard for me to consistently find time to blog! There really is so much else to get done - I'm glad that it isn't just me. One of these days I will figure out the key to a blogging schedule that works for me :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)