Friday, November 29, 2019

Fierce Justice by Piper J. Drake (thoughts)

Summary from Goodreads:

"As a K9 handler on the Search and Protect team, Arin Siri needs to be where the action is--and right now that's investigating a trafficking operation in Hawaii. When an enemy from her past shows up bleeding, she's torn between the desire to patch Jason up or put more holes in him. Then again, the hotshot mercenary could be the person she needs to bust open her case.

Jason Landon's team had always been about taking the contract, getting paid, and not asking questions. But after his last mission went south, he started to get curious. His questions quickly drove him out of his mercenary group and off the grid. Now, the only people he can think of to help him are the Search and Protect team -- and the dark beauty who is as ready to kill him as she is to bed him. And he's totally ready to risk the former for the chance at the latter. But he isn't the only person with a target on his back. Arin's in danger too, and he'll do everything he can to keep her safe."

My Thoughts:

Fierce Justice is a book that I read earlier this year and then just never shared my thoughts on it.  I'm going to work on catching up on reviews before the end of the year so wanted to finally write up my thoughts on this one.  I knew I wanted to read this book based off of that cover alone.  Our family has a German Shepherd that we love and adore so any book with one on the cover is one that is bound to draw my interest!  I'm also always on the hunt for good romantic suspense series to follow so I couldn't resist giving this book a try.  I started this series completely out of order as it looks like this is book five but it didn't effect my enjoyment of this book at all.  I do think I missed out on some details as I believe that Jason and Arin met in a previous book.  The author did a good job of filling in the details though so I didn't feel lost at all.  One of things that I really enjoyed about this book was the setting.  I haven't read many books set in Hawaii and I thought that the Hawaiian setting really added to this book.  I also really liked the suspense portion of this book.  The suspense portion was what kept me turning the pages the entire time.  I will be honest and say that the romance portion of this book wasn't really what drew me into it.  I liked Arin and Jason together but their relationship just felt like it almost took a backseat to everything else that was going on.  Which is almost more realistic if you think about it - when someone is in the midst of a dangerous situation I feel like the last thing that they are going to be focused on is falling deeply in love.  I liked that the author gave their relationship a more realistic feel (I don't want to say more because spoilers).  I'm also hoping that we will get to see more of them in future books!  

Overall, I enjoyed my time with this book and plan on reading more from this series.  I think that I will try and go back to the beginning with the first book.  If you enjoy suspenseful reads, then I definitely think that this book is one to check out (and you don't need to read this series in order which is always a positive in my opinion).  I would recommend this book to romantic suspense fans and romance readers.  It's an enjoyable read!  

Bottom Line:  An enjoyable romantic suspense!

Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book from the publisher for review.  Honest thoughts are my own. 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun series! I will have to look for the first book and give it a try. I'm glad you enjoyed Fierce Justice, Samantha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! I hope that you enjoy it (let me know how you like the 1st book since I haven't read it yet, will you please?)!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)