Sunday, April 5, 2015

March Reading Recap (2015)


(Love these three!  This was taken at our weekend away last month)

March was the month of reading ALL of the books.  I really had an amazing month of reading (for me anyways) as I was able to finish ten books in March.  That is almost unheard of for me.  I now find myself three books ahead in my Goodread's challenge and am feeling quite accomplished.  If I always read this much I would have no problem reading 80 books for the year but we all know by now that it probably won't go that way.  Life happens and to be honest I am completely okay with that.  Some days I read a ton and others I don't read hardly at all.  This was just a month filled with books and I enjoyed the heck out of it.  Here are all of the books that I managed to read in March:
Wow!  I didn't do so well when it came to writing up reviews for all of those books that I was busy reading.  Guess I know what I need to focus on in April.  While I enjoyed each and every book that I read, it was also very easy for me to pick out my favorite of the month.  Hands down, my favorite read in the month of March was Silent Scream by Angela Marsons.


This was such a chilling read and I could not put my Kindle down the entire time that I was reading it.  I'm trying to write up my thoughts on this one but all I can say is READ IT!!  Hence, I'm still working on that review.  Ha!  I can tell you that I am chomping at the bit to get my hands on book two!

Goals for April are workout, workout, and workout.  I cannot seem to get myself in a good workout rhythm so I really would like to focus on this in April.  That being said if I manage to read this much again I will also be very happy.  And reviews!  I really, really need to catch up on reviews.  Also eating healthier thanks to Trish and Lisa's 30 day reset.  I refuse to give up my coffee creamer but I am willing to give up sugar in everything else.  I just might focus on eating healthier, snacking healthier, and just go about it that way.  I haven't quite decided yet but this week will be the ultimate test with Easter candy in house.  Gah!  I have no self control when it comes to chocolate.  Must hide the chocolate.  And we circle back to the reason on why I need to find a better workout schedule.  LOL!

Tell me what your favorite read of March was!  Or better yet, what reading plans do you have scheduled for April?  I would love to know!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you'd a great reading month in March! These days my reading is considered good if I'm able to finish two books in a week; but then that's ok as long as I'm reading.

    Hope you've a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did have a good month and I really need to read Silent Scream. I have it on my Kindle already. And I hear you about the workout stuff. I always mean so very well when I make my plans, but I am also the queen of excuses. I'm afraid that I'm going to have to get strict with myself about it. Once I get a routine going, I can usually keep it up - at least for a while. Your 3 are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous reading month! I don't know what happened to me but I hardly read any books. But, there's always April :)

    And, I totally know what you mean about being weak when it comes to quitting chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A 10 book month is excellent indeed! Spring is always an inspiring time for exercise and eating I think - I always find it hard to be motivated in winter - so I think your goals for April are good ones. Good Luck! I don't plan my reading to well ahead of time but am excited to be doing some re-reading by audio (I'm working on Harry Potter and Narnia currently) which I don't do very often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. UGH WORKOUT. Since we're already a third of the way through April and I'll be gone all next week, can we do this in May? ;) And yay for awesome reading! Makes up for some of the months that might be a bit easier (looking at you summer!).

    The kids are adorable. And goodness getting so big!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)