Monday, October 15, 2012

My Scandalous Viscount by Gaelen Foley (thoughts)

I honestly don't think that I could have read this book at a better time because My Scandalous Viscount fit my mood perfectly!  An entertaining romance that kept me immersed in its' pages, this book was a joy to read and exactly what I was looking for.  Carissa isn't your typical proper lady but instead is a bit of a nosy busybody that finds herself entangled with the infamous Viscount Beauchamp.  After Sebastian and Carissa find themselves caught up in a precarious situation, they end up being pushed into marriage.  But Carissa's nose for ferreting out secrets instantly lands her in trouble when she learns more about her new husband than she was intended to.  Will her knack for finding out "information" end up being helpful or will it end up destroying their marriage before it even begins?

I love a romance that sweeps me into its' pages and carries me away!  I love when the hero and heroine have instant chemistry even while fighting their attraction to one another.  And I love when an author does the unexpected and keeps me guessing throughout the book.  My Scandalous Viscount fit the bill for me with all three of these things which made it a surefire hit for me!  The heat between Carissa and Sebastian started from page one and didn't let up until the very end.  I was rooting for them to find their happy ever after (yes I know this is a romance but still) from the beginning of the book.  I really liked Carissa's character and found her to be quite spunky at times.  I love a good heroine with a backbone so for me she made the book that much better!  This is my first book by Gaelen Foley and I had no clue that it was part of a series.  Other than not knowing some of the back story that the author alluded to, it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the book at all.  In fact, it made me want to go back to the beginning and grab book one so that I could experience all of the other romances for myself.  My favorite thing about this book though was that I never knew what to expect next in regards to the storyline.  Every time that I thought that I knew what was going to happen, then the author took the story in a more unexpected route.  I loved that!  Yes, maybe it made it all slightly less believable but I honestly didn't care.  Because like I said before, I was immersed in the book and just along for the ride.  This was the perfect way to break up some of the darker books that I have been reading lately (IT, I'm looking at you!).

Altogether a delightful read and an author that I will read more of.  If the other books in this series have the chemistry in them that this one did, I will be set!  This is a book that I would highly recommend to fellow romance readers especially those who love historical romance!  And since reading this book out of order didn't take away from my enjoyment, I say start here or read from the beginning of the series.  It sure didn't matter to me.

Bottom Line:  The perfect read for a rainy day when you need a good romance to suck you in!

Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book thanks to TLC Book Tours.  The thoughts are my own but I do think that you should check out the other stops on the tour to see other readers' opinions :) 

6 comments:

  1. I have been on a historical romance kick myself and this one sounds like pure escapism and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a romance that will carry me away. This sounds like a great one, especially to break up the darker reads. I've been on a Stephen King kick myself lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific, spirited review! Your mention of It cracked me up.

    Sam, on a different note, your blog background looks excellent and I wonder how you got this mottled look. Please advise me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that looks like a good one! I'm in a romance mood, but not really finding one that knocks my socks off. Sadly, my library doesn't have this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just LOVE it when a book comes along at EXACTLY the right time to make it the perfect read?! I'm so glad this was that kind of book for you!

    Thanks for being on the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Staci- It really was! If you are in the mood for a good romance then I think that this is the book for you. I can't wait to go back and read the beginning books :)

    Naida- It was the perfect read especially since I've been working on IT which is SO dark and scary. I needed a break from the horror and this worked perfectly!

    Suko- I used blogger design and then I added something but I'm not sure what. LOL! I will play around and email you in the next couple of days. Hope this helps!

    Lisa- Too bad that they don't have it. Since it is pretty knew, maybe you could look and see if they have the earlier books. That might work better for you!

    Heather- Thanks for having me on the tour! I'm really glad that I had the chance to read this book as I found a new author to follow :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)