Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Library Loot- July 29th edition

Hosted by Eva at A Striped Armchair and Marg at Reading Adventures. We share what we each picked up at the library during the week.

Unfortunately, I haven't finished any books from last week's loot but that didn't stop me from going to the library and checking out a few more. I am currently reading Blindness by Jose Saramago and don't quite know what to say about it yet. It is going to be good, I can tell you that much already but other than that...well, you'll have to wait and see. I am also still going to try and read more books out of my own piles so it looks like I need to get reading :)



A Royal Pain by Rhys Bowen- Earlier this year I read the first book in this series and really enjoyed it. I decided to pick this one up for the 2nds challenge and to continue on with this cozy mystery series.






Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost- This is Jackie's (over at Literary Escapism) favorite series and I decided after hearing so many good things about it that I needed to pick the first book up asap.






Songs for the Missing by Stewart O' Nan- Another author that I have been wanting to try for awhile now...and this book sounds awesome just from the synopsis.




Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs- Love, love, love this series so of course I ripped this one off of the shelves when I saw it waiting there.






Finally, I re-checked out Looking For Alaska by John Green. I've heard amazing things about this author and his books but have yet to read any of them. So there is my library loot for another week...share any thoughts if you like :)

14 comments:

  1. I have Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost in my TBR pile but keep putting it off. I hope you post a review when you read it to get your view on it. Now the Briggs series is one that is VERY high on the TBR pile. I picked it up for my daughter's best friend who is a VW junkie and read a few lines in it before I slapped it shut because I was getting sucked in and I didn't have the time at the moment. I definitely have to open it up now that things have calmed down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love loved Iron Kissed! And Looking for Alaska is my favorite John Green, by far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halfway to the Grave is fantastic! Next to Sookie it is my favorite series as well -- I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mercedes Thompson, too! Hope you enjoy the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your loot looks great!!! I loved Looking for Alaska...heck, I love everything he writes!! Enjoy your loot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for more Mercy Thompson books! I hope you like it as much as the others in the series. I just got the first Jeaniene Frost book and am looking forward to giving the series a go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought Halfway to the Grave when it first came out based purely on the cover. Still haven't read it.

    Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Strlady- You definitely have to give the Briggs series a try...it is one that you would really enjoy!

    Lisa- I'm so glad to hear that you liked both of these. I cannot wait to read them :)

    Jess- I've only read the 1st book in the Sookie series but I did like it...I really need to work on that series as well.

    Kailana- I hope I will....I have loved the previous two books!

    Staci- Why thank you! And glad to hear that you enjoyed Looking for Alaska.

    Rhinoa- You'll have to let me know what you think about Halfway to the Grave when you finish :)

    Marg- The cover is pretty fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am disappointed in everyone who hasn't read the Night Huntress series yet. :P OMG is it my favorite right now. I still can't believe you haven't read it yet Sam. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this series and it only keeps getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Songs for the Missing and hope you enjoy it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't been by the library all month lol. I think I should probably read some of the cartons of unread books around here first. Iron Kissed wasn't my fav Mercy book but Bone Crossed was really good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jackie- I know you love this series which is why I picked it up...I've been meaning to for awhile now :P

    Amy- Thanks for letting me know that you enjoyed it!

    Ladytink- I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it...and I'm also glad to hear the title of the 4th book...I forgot that it was already out. Yay for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking for Alaska was great!

    I'm looking forward to your review of "Songs of the Missing." I read something by Stewart O'Nan a long time ago, but I didn't particularly care for it. However, I've seen this one pop up on so many blogs, I'm intrigued...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stephanie- I've seen quite a few of his books being reviewed all over blogs which is why I originally wanted to give him a try. Most everything I have read has been positive for the most part as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)