Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Library Loot - July 22nd edition

Hosted by Eva at A Striped Armchair and Marg at Reading Adventures. We share what we each picked up at the library during the week.

You guys would be so impressed with me lately as once again all of my books went back to the library....mostly read! And then I didn't go for a few weeks as life and work sadly got in the way. It worked out though as I read one off of my TBR shelf (this rarely happens) and knocked a review book off of my pile. I finally got to go this week and picked up few good books that I'm really excited to read.



The Girl Who Stopped Swimming by Joshilyn Jackson- I read and LOVED Gods In Alabama by this author so I am really looking forward to this one.





Death Du Jour by Kathy Reichs- I read the first book in this series a long, long time ago and have been meaning to continue on with these.




13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher- Who hasn't heard about this one all over the blogosphere? I HAD to pick it up when I spotted it on the shelves.





The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson- I've been wanting to read this book every since Andi read and reviewed it.





Plus, I rechecked out Blindness by Jose Saramago as I really, really want to read that one. I will read it this time! I limited myself to 5 though as I really need to read more off of my shelves and review pile (and I'm not even currently taking review books). Let me know if you've read any of these :)

14 comments:

  1. I'm planning to read The Gargoyle after I finish the new Sophie Kinsella book I just received. I'm a little nervous, but we'll have to keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved The Gargoyle, I'm sure you'll enjoy it too. I've got Blindness on my tbr list. I read one of Kathy Reich's books, the forensics is very interesting of course, because that's what she does for a living. Enjoy your loot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of 13 Reasons Why. I guess I don't get around much! Looking forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ones that jump out for me are Blindness and The Girl Who Stopped Swimming, especially because of Gods in Alabama, which was wonderful. You're only the second post I've read so far (after Marg's) but again I'm salivating...no, really, over all the loot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 13 reasons is fantastic and I want to read the others!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Raidergirl- We will definitely have to share our thoughts with one another...the description makes the book sound intense but really interesting.

    Sandra- I've been meaning to read something by Saramago for awhile now and this is going to be it. Kathy Reich's book will be a nice change of pace from the other books I checked out.

    Linda- I have just been reading reviews for 13 Reasons Why all over the place lately. It sure sounds interesting :)

    Justareadingfool- Gods In Alabama was such a page turner for me. I cannot wait to begin The Girl Who Stopped Swimming and I hope it is just as good :)

    Staci- Glad to hear that you enjoyed 13 Reasons Why. I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed reading The Gargoyle last year.

    I listened to The Girl Who Stopped Swimming on audio last year read by Joshilyn Jackson herself and liked it a lot too.

    One of these days I might get around to reading Thirteen Reasons Why.

    Enjoy your loot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard about most of these, and have seen some good reviews on the first one. And the Davidson book just looks so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have taken 13 Reasons Why out from the library a few times and still haven't managed to read it. I hear it's very good. You know I've tried reading The Gargoyle and just couldn't get into it. I'm curious as to what you'll think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great set of books. I've only read The Gargoyle and i loved it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great library loot.

    I've heard great things about The Girl Who Stopped Swimming.

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending them back mostly read! That's great, Samantha. I have been acquiring books left and right lately and I fear most of them will stay unread for years. :(

    I've been looking for a copy of 13 Reasons Why.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got some really great books. I am looking forward to your thoughts on the Girl who Stopped Swimming. I have to add it to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marg- I'm really looking forward to The Gargoyle although it does intimidate me a bit for some reason.

    Blodeuedd- I do love the cover of The Gargoyle.

    Dar- I've been watching the library shelves for 13 Reasons why for such a long time...I was so excited when I finally spotted it ;)

    Fleurfisher- Glad to hear that you enjoyed it!

    Naida- I really liked Gods In Alabama by this author so I'm hoping this book is just as good.

    Trish- I'm really bad about returning books unread which is why this was such an accomplishment for me :)

    Jess- I can't wait to read it and hopefully I'll be able to post my thoughts soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)