Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Kitty Raises Hell by Carrie Vaughn

Provide a brief summary of the book:

Kitty Raises Hell brings Kitty back to Denver and trying to protect her pack from an evil that was unleashed back in Las Vegas. Filled with action and suspense, the reader goes on another wild ride with Kitty that doesn't disappoint.

Likes?

What isn't there to like about this series? Kitty has become such a strong female character that I like more and more. She is learning more about what goes into being the leader of her pack while staying true to herself. I love the action and suspense that goes into each of these books and feel that each book has a fresh and original storyline.

Dislikes?

Hmm...I can't remember any. That is one of the problems when you get so far behind in book reviews. I do know that I felt that this book was better than the last one but other than that...sorry!

Additional thoughts?

This part is easy: I WILL definitely be continuing on with series and waiting impatiently for the next installment to come out. If you like paranormal and urban fantasy than this will be a series that you will enjoy. I cannot wait to see what Kitty gets herself into next :)

My Rating: 4 out of 5 and recommended
Challenges: Series 3 Challenge, 100+ Book Challenge

P.S.- Sorry this review is so short but it has been awhile since I read it and I've already passed this one on to my sister to read. I'm thinking that with some of these books (not review books) that I am behind on reviewing I might just post mini reviews. We'll see...some of them deserve a full review.

5 comments:

  1. Mini-review or no you do better than I do. After a few weeks of reading the book I forget most of the details that would make up a coherent review. I've heard lots of good things about these books, but they just aren't screaming out to me...yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the short reviews..frankly the less you tell me about the story and the more about your reactions and feelings towards it is what helps me decide if I want to read it or not...so I say bravo!!! I haven't read this series yet but I want to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i won this book a few months back and haven't yet gotten to it--but now i'm so eager to read it!!!! you reminded me why i entered the contest to begin with! thanks for the kick in the pants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this series too. Although I've enjoyed every book, I seem to favor the ones set in Denver. I'm not quite sure why.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trish- It took me a little bit before I could remember the details...but it came back to me more and more as I began to write the review.

    Staci- Mini reviews are a good way to entice readers into giving the books a try themselves.

    Booklineandsinker- Hope you enjoy it...I really like this series.

    Literary Feline- I really like this series a lot and have to agree that the ones based in Denver are the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)