Sunday, February 9, 2020

The Sunday Post #62 (The Germs Edition)

"The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme"

Happy Sunday everyone!  It's a gloomy day here with rain, sleet, and the possibility of snow as well later this afternoon.  It has been a hectic couple of weeks which helps to explain the lack of posts.  My youngest came down with pneumonia first (and my husband was sick at the same time).  I then came down with some sort of virus the following week.  My oldest son tested positive for influenza the week after.  Germs, germs, germs I tell you!  I didn't even open a book the week I was sick because basically all I did was cough.  It was rough but we all (fingers crossed) seem to be on the mend now with it passing my daughter by completely and thankfully!

In bookish news, I finished my first five star read of the year this weekend which was VERY exciting.  I'm currently ahead on my Goodreads challenge which means that I'm off to a solid start.  There are a ton of books that are on my radar that I really, really want to read.  It's just finding the time that is the hardest sometimes.  I'm already starting to fall a bit behind on reviews so that is something I'm planning on working on later today.  I would love to get a couple of reviews scheduled out but I'm also wanting to curl up with a book - we will see which one ends up winning out.

So far this month I have finished the following two books:


The Third To Die by Allison Brennan was an enjoyable and suspenseful read with a hint of a romance.  I really liked this one although there were times that it felt like I was missing backstory (despite this being the 1st book in the series).  I'm curious if this book relates to any of her other books or series which might explain the missing pieces more.  I should be sharing my full thoughts on this one later this week.

In The Dark by Loreth Anne White was my first five star read of 2020!  It was SO GOOD you guys!  I'm not sure why I haven't heard more about this author or this book because I have all of the feelings.      I saw a review of this book on Instagram and was instantly intrigued.  I went ahead and requested it from the library, and I'm thrilled that I did!  Expect a full gushing review of this one but to just tease you a bit - this book is based off of Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None.  That's all I needed to hear before I knew that this was going to be a must read for me!

I'm now currently reading the following two books:


Egg Drop Dead is my current kindle read courtesy of the publisher and NetGalley.  This is the 5th book in the Noodle Shop cozy mystery series.  I'm not too far in yet but I'm already enjoying myself. This is a delightful cozy mystery series and this book releases later this month.  In print, I'm getting ready to begin reading The Shape of Family by Shilpi Somaya Gowda which is a review copy courtesy of the publisher.  This isn't my typical sort of read but I really want to push my reading boundaries and genres this year so I'm looking forward to reading it!  It sounds like it might be heartbreaking but I'm ready for it!

My plans for today are pretty open other than I'm planning on cooking breakfast for dinner.  I would like to write up a few reviews like I said previously.  I would like to also read my book for awhile.  I also need to get everything taken care of to start off the week on the right foot.  Honestly, I might end up doing a mix of all three and call it a successful day!  I hope you all are enjoying a good book or two to start off your week as well.

Happy Sunday and Happy Reading!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like it has been kind of hectic in you household, hope everyone gets heal up soon! Glad you read a 5 star read and it sounds interesting so I need to see if my library has it!

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Third to Die on audio for review. I bought In the Dark and everything else by Loreth Anne White - she is awesome.

    I hope your week with be happy and healthy with more great reads!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are enjoying a rainy day here too. It's been a rather lazy day, which will be our last one for awhile, so I am taking full advantage. I am so sorry to hear you've had a sick household. I hope everyone is feeling better soon. Yay for 5 star reads! I really want to read In the Dark now. I hope you enjoy The Shape of Family. I read another of Gowda's books and loved it. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pneumonia is not fun. Hope your son is well on the way to recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven’t heard of In the Dark, I’ll have to learn more.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, so happy to hear that everyone in your family is on the mend. It's been a germy season hasn't it? Or, as in our area, lots of 'record level' allergies. Glad to hear that In the Dark was a good read for you. I have it and think I'll try it soon. Your tastes and mine so often coincide. Take good care of yourself and those reviews will get done or you could even just do short ones like you did here. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to check out In the Dark. I really enjoyed Third to Die :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)