I've been to two different libraries in two days - this is the result of those two visits. I'm calling it my December library loot but let's be honest here: there is a good chance I'll visit the library a couple of more times before the month ends. I made out with some really great books though that I cannot wait to read! If I'm being honest I didn't manage to read any of the library books from my last post before they had to go back unread. Sigh! I'm 100% sure that I'll check them back out at some point though so no worries. Here are the books that I couldn't not bring home with me:
- The Vanishing Year by Kate Moretti - This book has been on my radar since it first released. I couldn't put it down though once I saw a comparison to Rebecca on the back cover. Yes please! It sounds great and I basically want to read it right now.
- Bannerless by Carrie Vaughn - It has been way too long since I last read anything by Vaughn. Add to that a dystopian setting and a mystery...I just cannot resist. Plus this book has a gorgeous and unique cover - it is calling my name right now!
- The Dark Room by Minette Walters - I found this book while browsing the new book shelves. I hadn't heard of it but it sounds creepy and thrilling - that's basically all I needed to know before I brought it home with me.
- The Darkest Secret by Alex Marwood - I've got all three of this author's books on my TBR list. I tried one of her other books and just didn't quite get into it (although I do plan on going back to it at some point). I really like the sound of this one so I'm planning on reading it instead.
- Dark River Rising by Roger Johns - Yes another find courtesy of the new book shelves. It has such a gorgeous cover and then I realized it was set in Louisiana and had to bring it home with me to check out. This may be my next print read!
- Beloved Poison by E.S. Thomson - I was browsing and found the 2nd book in this series which was sent in an asylum (if I'm remembering correctly now). That is basically catnip to me but then I realized it was part of a series and went searching for the first book which is this one. It sounds really great so I'm eager to try it!
- Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter - This is the only book that I actually went to the library specifically for. It will be my first read off of my TBR list challenge. I've got really high hopes and a lot of readers that I trust have sung this book's praises so I'm pretty excited to read it!